PDA

View Full Version : sewcuteboutique

neocorgi
05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
i know there are alot of mommas out there with shopping cart cover from sewcuteboutique.com. does anyone have a photo of their cover when not in use? i don't see a photo on her website how the cover looks like when folded/not in use.

TIA

heidi_timms
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
We have a different cover-www.snazzybaby.com. We got it when they weren't so much $$$! Ours is just in a pile in the car, on the floor of the backseat. When I pull up to the store, I grab the nearest cart and put it in before I get DD out of the car. When we go to restaurants, we just grab it, rolled up under either my or DH's arm and carry it in. It doesn't fold into a carrying case (if that's what you are looking for), but it doesn't bother me at all.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

suzhatch1
05-23-2005, 05:28 PM
When I was originally shopping for a cart cover I was curious about how compactly the "sewcuteboutique" covers fold up to & whether it was possible to fit it in a diaper bag. I ended up emailing Kathy directly at her website & asked her if she had any instructions and/or pics of what they looked like all folded up & she sent me some instructions & pics the same day.

It's really big, so it doesn't fit in a diaper bag (unless you have a HUGE one & it's not packed with anything else! LOL!). I tried to go back and see if I saved the attachment with the pic she sent me, but I can't find it. But I'm sure if you email her she'll send one to you.

HTH!
Suz

bluhimmy
05-23-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm sure if you email Kathy, she'll send you a picture of the cover folded up.

I think her covers are great. Since I had mine made by her, I've ordered 3 more from her to give away as gifts. She was really wonderful to work with.

clc053103
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I've seen these IRL - and the word that came to mind was "monstrosity". Watching them get folded up was amusing and it ended up kinda big- but didn't look heavy at all. I love the concept and love how beautiful and cozy they look. I would love to find one more "utilitarian" - maybe a little less plush, but more compact.

mom2aidan
05-23-2005, 07:15 PM
I have the buggybag and it's great. It folds into a bag with it's own handles. It's very comfy and it comes with a pillow too. My DS loves it.

eb1
05-23-2005, 07:18 PM
I have a cover from sewcute, but not a pic. I'd estimate that it's roughly around the size of a bed pillow when it's not in use--perhaps slightly smaller. However, I never fold it, just stuff it places, so it sort of flops around. You could scrunch it down to be smaller, but it's not going to fit in a diaper bag or ever get compact.

I barely even remember how she suggests to fold the thing. As a PP mentioned, I store mine in a wad on the car floor below my DS's car seat, or toss it in the car trunk.

That said, I think it has to be super comfortable with so much padding, and I never sense that DS gets uncomfortable even when we're in a store for an hour or so.

When I was researching covers, I recall someone here posted about asking Cathy to use a thinner padding because she wanted the cover to be less cumbersome. Cathy was accommodating.

dowlinal
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Cathy makes a cover without any lining that folds up into it's own pouch.(I think it's abut 8x5 folded but I'm at work so this is just a guess) I have a regualr one that I too keep on the floor of my car and use all of the time. I bought the compact one because we ended up having to attend several formal sitdown events when Madeline was smaller and I wanted a cover that would fit in my diaperbag. Having used both, I think the plush covers are 100% times better. My daughter slept in hers all the time. I don't carry it anywhere so the size isn't a problem.

A