PDA

View Full Version : When will the re-designed Skip Hop Dash come out?

daisysue62
05-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I really like what I've seen/read about the Skip Hop Dash but I'm concerned about the abrasive velcro. I heard that they are planning on fixing the problem and reversing the velcro but does anyone know when this is happening?

Thanks!

lmariana
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Nothing official from Skip Hop here, but I just received some new Expos with the reversed velcro and the new pen holders. The Dashes though were the original style, and not the redesigned ones. So, either it's right around the corner, or they just haven't gotten to the colors I ordered this time. :)

Last I heard, June was a rough estimate for the redesigned Dash. Wish I had more info for you!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png

swan01
06-06-2005, 01:21 PM
BUMP. Any new news?

ilovetivo
06-11-2005, 09:18 PM
delete

ilovetivo
07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Skip Hop told me they have some new dashes in, but it'll be a few months before the retailers have them

swan01
07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Do you know if they are selling them direct? Thanks!

ilovetivo
07-14-2005, 07:59 PM
No they are not.

momtojoshua2002
07-16-2005, 02:07 PM
I just wanted to share what Suz (Suzhatch1) posted about on the
yahoo board. If you are bothered by the velcro and find that you don't use it, then you can remove it and the bag will be just fine!

I just did this yesterday to my new Dash (had one, hated the velcro and sold it; read Suz's post and got a Dash from a swapper.....fied the velcro, love the bag because it's now "user-friendly"!!)

Take a seam ripper (nothing larger!) and carefully remove the velcro piece (in my case, the pieces in the two front pockets) that is scratchy. Once you get a piece of thread, the velcro piece will almost come right off and there isn't even a sign that there was something there once you remove all the little threads! I am going to do this on the side pockets as well, because I don't every use the velcro on them either.

Suz did bring up a good point and that is that even when the re-designed Dash, the velcro will bother me in opposite situations! For example, I hated reached into the small pockets when the bag was on the stroller, but was fine when it hung off my shoulder. If I got a bag with reversed velcro, when it's available, then it will scratch my hands when I reach into the small pockets while having the bag over my shoulder! So to me it's a lose-lose situation.

Fixing the velcro on my own was really the best thing to do for me, and the pockets still look fine!

Just thought I would share the knowledge........ Let me know if you want pictures of the altered Dash....

~Ida

suzhatch1
07-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Good to be sharing the info Ida!! I love this bag sooo much more now!

Yup, I took the scratchy velcro off the front pockets of my Dash & now it's totally renewed my love for this bag. Now there's really no "downside" to it! (Except maybe they could make it in some fun prints & brocades...then I'd be in heaven!) :)

At first I was curious if the velcro was glued or sewn on, if you look at the scratchy velcro piece you'll see it's sewn on w/just a thin 1-line of stitching. I used an itty-bitty pair of cuticle scissor & just picked at the thread & it came off in 1 piece really easy. Just took a minute or two. Once it was removed, you couldn't even tell it had been there, it's like the bag came that way!

The pockets don't gap open or anything & I can put my cell phone, sunglasses, small burp cloth or whatever in those front pockets & they don't fall out.

And yes, I totally thought it would be odd to wait & buy another redesigned Dash if the velcro was just going to be moved to the inside of the pocket because then you'd have the exact same scratched-up-knuckles problem if you reached into the bag from the opposite direction (i.e. wearing it on your shoulder or messenger style).

Now if Skip Hop would make the Dash with the magnetic closures of the Marsupial (and listen to me about the new fabrics) then we'd really be in business!! LOL!! :)

Suz :)

audball
08-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I finally broke down and bought an Olive Dash (thanks, Jen at Expressive Toys for super fast shipping! This arrived right ahead of schedule for our vacation :)!) and I believe the velcros are reversed...and the pen holders are there! Also, I may be imagining it, but I think the velcro loops are smaller (or finer). I seem to recall my old Duo having this painful velcro and it seems the patches of velcro on the pockets aren't quite as abrasive....

Love the "clean" look and love the fact that it's almost the exact same size as my A7, but with more organization (particularly bottle pockets!) and more "structure" while in messenger mode. Too bad the kids don't want to go out today - I want to test-drive it!

my3fallkiddos
08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I haven't had a problem with my Dash and the velcro... I also just got mine this week from Expressivetoys (super fast shipping!!). Where are the pen holders? I love my Dash so far!

ETA: I finally decided on the Charcoal color and was worried I would get bored with it since I originally wanted red. I really like it so far! It's not drab at all!

audball
08-18-2005, 06:33 PM
If your bag is facing you, check in the front right pocket...the pen holders will be in there...

I know what you mean about the colors - I was a little worried that the olive would look too drab (I have the A7 in a red, otherwise, I probably would have gotten the red), but I really like the color - it will hide dirt well! And the orange piping is just enough to satify my orange love...

my3fallkiddos
08-19-2005, 07:18 AM
So does that mean I have the "new" SH Dash? I found the pen holders in the front right pocket and I personally haven't noticed the velcro issue others have discussed...

ilovetivo
08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Yup :)