PDA

View Full Version : Favorite newborn and toddler diaper bag? I'm ready to spend some $!

mattysmom
05-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I thought I was a light packer, but these days my Skip Hop Duo just isn't cutting it. I also have the black LL Bean diaper bag which holds a lot, but just isn't so cute...

I'd love to know what people think of the new Fleurville Sling Tote now that it's been out for a few weeks - is it big enough for 2? Or what other suggestions do people have? I'm more of a messenger/sporty styled person (wear lots of flip flops, etc) and with 2 boys, I tend toward the more boyish/plain syles. But I think I'd like something else!

Thanks so much!

mommato2boys
05-26-2005, 03:28 PM
I think me and you are a lot alike....but I am ready to admit I carry WAY to much!!!! I have a diaper dude which is super cute but as a heavy packer, I found it to small....depends on how much room you need. I love the more boyish prints so the diaper dude was perfect. Also I have ordered a 2redhen in whole rooster in a boyish print of true blue (sorry I don't have this bag yet to comment on but they look very cute!). I am currently carrying a kelty kids packpack, I love it, it holds a ton BUT it is a typical backpack not to cute, but I LOVE the three ways to hold it! And with two boys I need the extra options! I bought a baby sherpa longhaul, but have not used it yet so really can't comment on it either, I plan on using it for day trips and at the beach this summer.
I don't have the Sling tote but it looks nice, not sure if it would be big enough for me though, but it might for you. I wish they had more fabric options though, maybe next year! The only messenger that I have and know about is the diaper dude....it is very nice and durable but like I said, it just wasn't big enough for me....but I bring everything plus the kitchen sink!!!!

JerseyMom
05-26-2005, 08:33 PM
I just got my sling tote and I think I like it alot. I have a 5 month old and a toddler. I have to admit though, I am a somewhat minimalist. So besides the basics, like diapers (2 toddler size and 4 baby size, wipes, medicines, toys, snacks, 2 juice boxes and a sippy cup, a bottle and formula dispenser, a pacifier for each child, cell phone, sunglasses and my wallet, plus a few lip glosses, feminine hygiene stuff, nail file and a burp cloth, it is packed full but not over stuffed. I keep extra clothes, formula, sippy cups, juice boxes, blankets and burp cloths, etc in the rubbermaid tote in the car.

I love the tote straps which are perfect length for my body size. And the messenger strap is comfy. The stroller attachments are cool. The padded pockets are great. It has a top zipper close which I didn't know it had, making it as close to perfect for me as it can get without making my own bag.

And while I am loving the pattern, I am not loving the plastic. Though when we were out to eat, my son stepped on the bag and for the first time ever I didn't panic that it would get super dirty, so there may be room for me to adapt. I might have considered the ballistic nylon if I didn't already own a green Loom Marsupial.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them.

mamamillie
05-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I also have 2 boys (3 next week! and 6 mos). My older son is potty trained, but I still have to carry extra undies, pants and socks for my peace of mind. I think I am a moderate packer and definitly a casual dresser these days. I love, love, love my T & L large bebe bag in Tammy. It is a stripe (red, pink, blue, green, white and almost black) It goes with almost everything, and doesn't look really awful with anything. I'm not good about changing bags and this one is absolutely my favorite lately!