PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone like their Un Apres MIdi de Chien bags?

jerseygirl07067
05-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Just curious, as I know there was a discount on them a while back and a bunch of people ordered them. I happened to see them on another site and was curious. I think the discount went on right around the time I had Julia and I was not in diaper bag/new bag search mode then!

For people that are using them as diaper bags too, how are they working for you? (Love the Fourmi bag and may want to get one in the future)

Marcy

callalillyanne
05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Whoops! Wrong post, sorry!

MarisaSF
05-28-2005, 11:51 PM
I have the Fourmi W and would be happy to answer specific questions.

All in all, I love it. It is the only bag I carry regularly.
I'd say the downsides are: can only put in hand or on shoulder and no inside pockets.

Lin, Priscila, et al... how are they working out for you??

Enjoy the search and congrats on the birth of your baby, Marcy!

mamalia
05-29-2005, 12:02 AM
I really like my purple Fourmi. It gets lots of compliments and most seem surprised that it's also serving as my diaper bag. I usually use it when I'm "going out-out". DH likes it too. Funny story...we were going out to dinner with friends, got sorta glammed up and were about to pull out of the driveway and DH says "Where's your un appri pe pe bag?" (he makes fun of the name b/c he thinks it's hillarious that I got all excited over some "it bag" that just might become the next hit on the West coast). He then patiently waits for me to run back into the house to switch the contents of my ll bean diaper bag to the Fourmi. This is NOT like DH so I knew the bag had left a big impression on him. If you're considering this bag I'd recommend getting a mini bag to hold all of the little essentials together since there are no inner pockets just three main compartments. I've found that lancome's spring gift with purchase bag works great for this (it has clear plastic zippered pockets snapped shut with buttons). This also makes it easy to do a quick switch of contents between diaper bags - a la our night out.

I also have their summer collection tote...it's my "casual" bag (when I'm not shlepping the ll bean). I like it but I've found that I don't take advantage of the inner pockets that I thought I really wanted because everything stays in the mini bag anyway. So in my bag collection of four it ranks third...the fourth is a lands end diaper backpack I bought while pregnant and have never used.

boys2enough
05-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Hi, Marcy,

Congratulations on the new baby. I bought 3 bags from the group order: a Fourmi W in black, an Ingrid in black, and a Cadix small in red.

I have not used either the Fourmi W or the red Cadix yet. Fourmi W because I intended to use it as a work/lap top bag. It is actually smaller than I thought--my laptop at home is way too big. Of course, that would serve as a great excuse to buy a new laptop. lol. I do like the look of it. My co-worker bought a red one and she has been carrying it every day since. It is so eye-catching in a not-flashy way. She loves it.

DH does not like the red Cadix because of its shape and color. (DUH! I bought it b/c of the unique shape and the pretty red!) Anyway, it should go on eBay sometime soon because I can't find a buyer on the yahoo bag swap group. If I can't sell it, I guess I will have to use it myself. ;-) It is surprisingly roomy.

My favorite, and DH's favorite, is the Ingrid. It is probably not big enough for your day to day regular use as a diaper bag, but I just love the 3 compartment design (similar to the Fourmi W). I use the middle compartment for 2 diaper (size 6), wipe case, a sippy cup, and misc snacks for DS2. The 2 outer compartments are for my stuff: wallet, cellphone, compact powder, lipstick, handwipe, keys, Kleenex, gum, etc etc. It is great for quick trip, imo. We went to Niagara Falls for a weekend last month, and because we stayed at a hotel within walking distances to everything, I only used the Ingrid for our outings. (We had to go back to the hotel room for naps etc anyway). For longer outings by car, I simply leave "back up" supplies in the car, and only bring the essentials with me.

I am silly this way: I am thinking of getting more Ingrid in different colors! lol. DH would definitely have a cow though. :)

Since both the Fourmi W and the Cadix are still in the plastic bags, I can only speak to the Ingrid. My only complaint about the bag is the same as Marisa's--can only carry it over my shoulder.

BTW, DH actually noticed and liked the pink liniing! But he said that he would not be caught dead carrying any of those bags for me. lol.

I hope this helps some.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

lmariana
05-29-2005, 07:14 AM
I bought 2 bags through the sale: the Fourmi W in Red and the Bastille in Teal.

I have used the Bastille constantly! I love it! Definitely a purse though, and not a diaper bag. It's so cute and well-organized. It has little pockets inside where my cell phone, digital camera, and PDA fit PERFECTLY! They are even labeled cute things like "Allo" for the phone, "Precieux" for the PDA, and "Secret" for the Camera. Hard to describe, but SO cute! I can fit a couple diapers and a wipes case in there if I wanted. (photos below)

I have only used the Fourmi a couple times. Right now, its too big for what I carry. I actually have it listed for sale to see if anyone wants it. I have no problem keeping it, because it's so cool, I just feel like it's not getting the use it deserves. It does fit my laptop (12" Powerbook), which is great, but it's just too much bag for me right now.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/26478.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/26479.jpg
The brown mesh zippered thing is a built-in compartment. I use it for my makeup stuff. :)

elliput
05-29-2005, 08:01 AM
I bought the Pixie and have used this bag every day since getting it. I even take it stocked with diapers to work. This bag is perfect for me, and I love it!

Here is a quick run down of what I keep in it and some pictures:

In the front pocket is my stuff- wallet, cell phone, keys, pen and lip balm, sunglasses.

Center pocket- three 1-2 size dipes, travel wipe case, a onsie, a flannel receiving blanket, a cloth dipe, a set of baby keys. Will be adding baby sunglasses and small sunscreen.

Back pocket- burp/changing pad, gallon size zip-loc bag, another baby toy, samples of diaper cream and lotion.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/26484.jpg

Side view packed.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/26485.jpg

Front view packed.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/26486.jpg

Mariana - thank you for posting the pictures of the Bastille. I really like that bag, and may have to find one for myself now.

murpheyblue
05-29-2005, 09:00 AM
I bought the Fourmi W in black and red and love them. I use them for workk every day. They're bog enough to carry all my things plus a legal pad or papers.

neocorgi
05-29-2005, 01:18 PM
i'm kinda kicking myself for not buying a Fourmi W and Ingrid (i like them in red) when the sale was on. WHAT WAS I THINKING?? LOL!!

Lin -- any chance we could have another sale?? **wink wink**

Mariana -- how much are you selling your Fourmi?

meshell
05-30-2005, 12:21 PM
If you have a Bloomingdale's nearby, they sell them there. That way you can see them IRL.

lmariana
05-30-2005, 03:27 PM
You can email at mariana @ heinzandmariana dot com for info!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/0/0/1/-5/.png

jerseygirl07067
05-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Marisa,

Do you have the large or the small Fourmi? I would like to use it as a diaper bag in addition to my purse. (Luckily I am a very light packer) I didn't even really use a purse much prior to having babies, now I am addicted to handbags/diaper bags, go figure...

Marcy

MarisaSF
05-30-2005, 10:25 PM
I have the big one (the Fourmi W?). I think you'll find you won't need to carry a purse in addition to it, especially if you're a light packer. Well, I guess it depends on what you carry in your purse. This is how I do it:
Front pocket: empty (can be used for my 12" laptop or for paper/folders if necessary (aka, hardly ever)
Middle pocket: wallet, cell phone, palm pilot, keys, sippy cup, small toy, extra baby clothes as needed (it's a very big pocket!)
Back Pocket: travel changing pad, travel wipes, 2-3 dispo diapers, sunsceen, etc.

As PPs mentioned, there are no little pockets inside. I used the purse thing that came with another diaper bag (PPB) for my wallet, phone, palm pilot, and lip balm so I can find them easily within the big pocket.

You can see some pics of mine in this thread...
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.phpaz=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=21581&mesg_id=21581&listing_type=search

Good luck!

jerseygirl07067
05-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks Marisa. Since you keep the front pocket empty, do think you could fit some small snacks and a few more diapers if needed? I'm packing for two, but pack pretty lightly!

Marcy

MarisaSF
05-31-2005, 10:22 PM
I can certainly fit more dipes in the front pocket. Snacks would depend on that you pack. The front pocket is pretty flat/narrow. So, fruit bars, yes. Sippy cup, no. The middle pocket is pretty roomy though. I certainly have extra space in there.

Alternatively, you could put your wallet, cell, palm in front pocket and have the WHOLE middle pocket for kids stuff, snacks, etc.
HTH!

boys2enough
05-31-2005, 11:51 PM
>i'm kinda kicking myself for not buying a Fourmi W and Ingrid
>(i like them in red) when the sale was on. WHAT WAS I
>THINKING?? LOL!!
>

Occassionally on eBay you can find Fourmi W in black for sale. I haven't seen a red one for sale there yet. There is at least one Ingrid (in black) for sale on eBay right now. HTH.

>Lin -- any chance we could have another sale?? **wink wink**

LOL--Please help remind me in August. **wink wink**

I guess I'd better get my act together and list my stuff on eBay asap--need funding for my next Un Apres purchase, right? ;-)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

tinkerthinker
06-17-2005, 02:17 AM
I know this is kind of an older topic, but just in case someone missed out on the group discount and still wanted an Un Apres bag...

I happened to be at my local Bloomingdales this week, and they had a bunch of Un Apres bags on clearance! This translate into: an extra 40% off their already reduced clearance price. I saw a violet Fourmi going for about $55 and a small lavender Ingrid for about $35 after discounts. I also saw a lavender Shuttle, but I'm not sure what the price tag was. I picked up a style called Plume (?) in Black for $51 for SIL's bday. It was originally $115. I wish I could find a photo of it, but I can't! It's a largish tote with a detachable longer shoulder strap.

Anyway, just thought I'd share...

and if anyone's interested, I'll be making a trip there tomorrow to return another item. I can check for the bags again. :)

tina-t
06-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi, which Bloomingdale's is this? Maybe if I call them up, they can ship to me?

The nearest Bloomingdale's is 3 hours away and they do not have any on sale/clearance.

Thanks.

ETA: check your email!

tinkerthinker
06-22-2005, 12:27 AM
I finally made it to my Bloomingdales today but only found a couple of bags on sale. The extra 40% off was over, so the deals were just warm. There was one black Stroller for $93.99 (reg. $125), and a bunch of black backpacks (not sure what they're called) also for $93.99.

Sorry to anyone who was anticipating a find here.

The next time Bloomingdales has one of their sales, I'll be sure to check for these bags and will try to snap some up! :)

tina-t
06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks for checking.