PDA

View Full Version : Recommend-Best reasonable Diaper Bag to get?

baby feta
05-28-2005, 11:19 PM
I already posted this but I think under the wrong folder.
This is my first baby due in August.
I would like to know the best reasonable diaper bag to register for and/or buy on my own.
*Can one have to many diaper bags?
*Is vinyl the way to go?

Thanks,Baby Feta

randomkid
05-29-2005, 08:47 AM
It depends on your preferences. Some people like bags that don't look like diaper bags, some like a longer strap and personally, I prefer straps that are a little shorter (so it's more like a purse). I tend to pack light so I don't have huge bags. I really like the Land's End bags although I'm finding the Little Tripper to be a bit small. LL Bean has a great bag. If you go to their website you will see the diaper bag is $36.00, but their large Travel Touring bag is the same thing for only $29.00. I just got a bag from Ellington Leather that I love. It is their small In-Flight Tote (the large one looks really big). You can go to their website at ellingtonleather.com It comes in black microfiber or the colors are brushed nylon. If you decide on this bag, try using the code save30 in the discount code and see if it still works. It was supposed to expire at the end of May, but they may still give it to you.

BRU also seems to have a good selection. Look for a bag that is a lighter color or has a pattern inside. It is harder to find things in a bag that is dark inside. I also prefer bags that open wide at the top. Those with a zipper flap don't give you much room to dig around when you need to. I find that canvas stays pretty clean and microfiber is fairly easy to clean. You can usually just wipe it down.

You can read this board frequently and there is a ton of info on the different bags. When a new one comes up, I just Google it to see what it looks like and how much it is.

Hope this helps!

pittsburghgirl
05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
As far as reasonably priced bags, I think you can't beat the Lands End or LL Bean bags for durability and price. They aren't super-stylish but they are nicely sized and organized and the prices are great. I think if I was looking for one bag right now I would buy the LL Bean bag, it's a good size for a lot of occasions - not too big, not too small.

This is not the forum to read if you want only one bag :) There are lots of addicts here, including myself (actually I switched my addiction from bags to cloth diapers in January). I have the full range of Lands End bags and several ebay boutique bags as well as a Kecci. I use almost all of them at different times.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

mommato2boys
05-29-2005, 02:37 PM
I agree.....if you want ONE bag, this may not be the place to look!!;)
I have to second the landsend or llbean bags...the quality on both are great.
It would help if you gave a price range, style (dressy or casual), backpack or tote or shoulder bag. We would LOVE to help you spend some money though!!!!!

babystuffbuff
05-29-2005, 07:08 PM
For my SIL's baby shower last month, I got her a Land's End bag, and when it came in the mail, I wanted to keep it myself! I got her the Do-It-All bag in red (http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1943_47583_109422_87869_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_47581&sid=0142101367194104930) and it looked awesome! I really liked the way it opened so wide; it was so easy to see everything inside the bag. Plenty of pockets, a changing pad with plastic-lined pockets on it for wet things, and a front pocket for Mom's cell phone, wallet, keys, etc. Can't beat it for $29.50!

My SIL hasn't used it yet (EDD last Sunday, still waiting for baby!) so I can't tell you what she thinks, but it looked really cool to me. :)

HTH,

Sarah

hapahaolegirl
05-30-2005, 01:19 PM
I have the Land's End Little Tripper and I love it! It's very functional and well made. It fits everything I need for a day out.
I'm not a huge packer though. I also keep my freebie similac bag full of diapers in my car as well as wipes.
I also have the Land's End diaper backpack but I only use it when we travel since it's HUGE!

Kristen

baby feta
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Okay,
If one was going to buy more than one diaper bag that did not look like a diaper bag, "trendy", and had a long strap but not huge so it doesn't tip the stroller over, (lol) and doesn't require a small down payment(lol). What would it be?
My family already bought me the do-it-all, just waiting for it's "arrival".
Thanks