PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a list of messenger style bags!

teddy
05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Can you list some brands of bags you can wear messenger style (across the body) that DON'T have a big ol'messenger flap? I'll even look at backpacks with one strap that goes across the chest.

I'm searching and researching for that *perfect* bag... thanks!

Here's my list so far:
1. Fleurville ST
2. Diaper Dude
3. Skip Hop Duo and Expo

mommato2boys
05-30-2005, 08:12 AM
I think the Mustard Sprout baby bag is a backpack but is wore over one shoulder.

CiderLogan
05-30-2005, 08:14 AM
... and it's cheap too! I love mine, although if I had the extra $$ I'd go with the Fleurville....

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/27/03

silversun
05-30-2005, 10:22 AM
I used the Lands End Little Tripper for a while, but it ended up being a bit small for every day use. Now I have the LL Bean diaper bag and I love it: lots of pockets, not too big, not too small. Both of these can be worn messenger style.

ckleist
05-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Timbuk2 makes the cargo tote that has the optional messenger strap and no big flap, I don't like the messenger flaps either. T2 doesn't have much in the way of organization but it is a very good quality bag made with nearly indestructible ballistic nylon with a waterproof lining and they are machine washable. Depending on what size you are looking for, I would recommend the medium ($60) unless you are a really light packer with only 1 child and then get the small ($50). The large ($70)is good for all day. You can buy them from ebags...free shipping and free return shipping if you don't like the bag. These bags are never discounted, so don't wait for a sale.

HTH

lmariana
05-30-2005, 09:36 PM
I think the list is looking good, but I'll also add the Oi Oi Hobo bags can be worn messenger style and have a zipper top close, no flap. I have the blue peacock print and really like it. They are mostly available on sale for about $99 (I got mine for $75 with an additional discount from babyoliverboutique.com in April).

If by some chance you end up compromising on the flap, Loom's Marsupial has the easiest flap around. It's completely effortless to open and close, no snaps or velcro to line up, just stealthy hidden magnets under the fabric. Very user friendly. Their slogan is "the one-hand, no eyes diaper bag"...and I think it's really true.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/0/0/1/-5/.png

marnay
05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
The Amibag tote is great too! It has a small flap but it zippers closed. I don't know if they are still available or not but they have tons of pockets and very lightweight.

Naydene

teddy
06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Ooh, lots to research! Thanks, ladies :)

teddy

teddy