PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the perfect Diaper Bag!

katieellis
06-06-2005, 08:43 AM
I am expecting our first baby in October (a BOY!!!) and have been looking for the perfect diaper bag. I think I want a messenger style bag and originally started with the Kate Spade. Then, I started looking at this message board and am changing my mind. If price were no object, what would you suggest?

I like small purses, so I don't want a huge diaper bag. I am thinking

Loom Marsupial
Fleurville ST
Timbuk2 Medium Messenger bag
and still contemplating the Kate Spade

Please offer any other suggestions!

Thanks!

nov02mom
06-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I would def. strart with the Sling Tote. The Kate Spade bags, although cute, are (IMHO) in the bottom 3 of diaper bags made....so impractical! The T2 is HUGE!!!!! The loom is a great bag, but maybe a little small for an infant.

mommabear
06-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I also just had my first child. DS is now 4 mo old. I can't offer any suggestions on the bags you listed other than to tell you I also carry small purses and didn't want a huge bag. I chose the Fluerville A7 and have found it to be to small. I really like it but think I am going to put it away till baby is a little older. I say if you can stand to wait to buy an expensive bag until after baby is born do it but I know that is hard to do. If you order now I say get the largest bag you can stand, infants need a lot of stuff.

meshell
06-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I have a ST and I love this bag! FWIW, I have a son and I have the floral sky print. I will say, however, I don't really carry this bag. I'm only 5'2" and have a smallish frame, so carrying this bag messenger style is a little overwhelming when packed full. I will say, though, it is very comfortable to carry when I have too, the shoulder pad is the best I've seen! I usually hang this one on the back of the stroller or it's left in the car. I love that it's a zip top (I hate velcro) with no flap, so contents are easily accessible when it's hanging from the stroller.

This is the only bag we use when we are out for a few hours or more. For just running errands, when I know we'll be in and out of the car and I don't want to deal with the stroller, I just use a purse to carry dipes and wipes. I do, however, leave the ST fully stocked in the car.

Again, love the bag and have received MANY compliments on it.

mommato2boys
06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Depends on what kind of style you want....sporty or dressy? I too find I pack a lot with a baby....DS is only 5 months old and I still carry a lot with him, I also carry more in the summer, sunscreen and bug spray.
Another messenger to consider is the diaper dude or diaper diva. This isn't a huge bag though.
Anything in particular you are looking for?

katieellis
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I don't really have anything in particular that I am looking for. I just wanted something that doesn't scream diaper bag and is really functional. I was hoping to buy one nice bag instead of getting sick of one after a few months and switching. I need to go look at some different options so I can check out the pockets, etc. I have a hard time shopping online for something I haven's seen.