PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville ST Question

pritchettzoo
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I have a Kecci MommyBag that gets used the most right now. How does the ST compare in what all you can stuff inside to the Kecci? I'll have two in cloth dipes soon. I'm still trying to find the bag to check it out IRL before ordering it blindly, but I figure asking here is the next best thing.

And any recommendations on where to buy?

ETA: AND color recommendations? Which is the least, um, shiny? ;)

Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

Emmas Mom
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Anna, I have both of those bags & definitely like my ST over my Kecci. The ST, in my opinion, is just more structured & organized. Two things I don't like about my Kecci are that 1. it's too "floppy" for me, and 2. the print is lovely but it gets stains on it & snags. I don't have either of those problems with my ST. That being said, I do not think the ST (OR Kecci for that matter) would be big enough for 2 in CD's....I could be wrong here though since I don't CD & don't have 2 (yet). ;) Hopefully someone else can give you more info on that. I got my ST from pokkadots.com & I think either of the ballistic colors would be least shiny cause I don't believe they have the vinyl coating?? Maybe someone else can verify that too. Good luck & hope you're feeling well! :)

holliam
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
The shiny comes from the PVC vinyl coating on most of the fabrics. The only ones without it are the green and black ballistic. I want the green one but retailers don't have it yet. Fleurville told me they should have them around the middle of this month.

Holli

dowlinal
06-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Anna,

If you want a vinyl covered one my experience with fleurville is that the patterns look less shiny then the solids. I haven't seen a solid ST, but I noticed that the blue and pink motherships looked a lot more plasticy (for lack of a real word) then the other ones.

A

lizziebee
06-13-2005, 10:57 PM
hi there, I just bought a caramel Kecci after looking at the slingtote in ballistic black. The ST looked a bit smaller to me side by side, but it does have more structure and storage. It's much more durable and versatile. The black ballistic reminds me of some of the older kate spades, very basic, very classic, almost a matte black, possibly with little ridges in it, although i wouldn't swear by that. I went for the prettier fabric and the cheaper price, but I keep thinking about the ST because I could use structure. I have two kids under 3, both in diapers, but disposable, not cloth. I'll probably need to get a bigger bag until the oldest is out of diapers. more info than you needed/asked for. the short answer: the black looked nice and wasn't at all shiny. I had to do a double take because the logo looked like fleurville, but the bag was neither patterned nor shiny. hth! lizzie