PDA

View Full Version : Any tote or messenger style bag recommendation?

nicoleflynn
06-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi all, we'll be traveling in July and I am looking for a tote or messenger style bag that I can use to carry around baby stuff. Since my DD is 14 months now, I don't need coolers etc., I just need enough storage and compartments. Do you have a recommendation? Do you know of a deal going on these days? TIA.

mommato2boys
06-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Some inexpensive choices would be llbean bag or the landsend one, with both hold a lot and don't cost a fortune!
Will you be packing a lot? Dressy or casual?

nicoleflynn
06-08-2005, 03:58 PM
I want something casual but something nice. I don't like bulky or diaper-bag looking ones. I want something under $50 but if it is worth it, I might want to spend more. I won't actually carry a lot; extra set of clothes, a few small toys, diapers, wipes, wallet, cell-phone keys. I'll look into brands you mentioned.

cartersmom
06-09-2005, 09:45 AM
I like the ones from periwinkle baby for my summer bag. The fabrics are bright and stylish. I have the tote and it carries enough for both of my growing boys.

ckleist
06-09-2005, 10:41 AM
timbuk2 makes a great bag, not much in organization, but very sturdy and well made...ballistic nylon w/ waterproof coating on inside and is also machine washable. The medium tote is about $60 if you buy it from ebags and don't like it, the return shipping is free. they also have a bunch of messengers as well

nicoleflynn
06-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Are you referring to bags in this website?

http://periwinklebaby.com/diaper-bags.html

cartersmom
06-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes, I have two of their bags and they are perfect for a summer bag for me.