PDA

View Full Version : Ella Bag review

dshaulae
06-08-2005, 01:26 PM
I have to let everyone know about a diaper bag that I purchased. I purchased a custom made bag from Ella Bags. They do look beautiful on the site, and that is why I purchased one for $130.00. It arrived and the initials on the bag were wrong, so I sent it back. I understand that mistakes happen!

I received a new one a couple of weeks later (six weeks all together), and the bag is cute. However, I have only used the bag for TWO months, and it looks worn! I rarely leave the house these days, so the bag is usually just sitting in the baby's room. Also, the liner inside the bag sticks to everything. I have a hard time putting the bottles in and taking them out, because they stick to the liner. I bought the matching changing pad and it is almost impossible to get it back into the bag they provided, due to the plastic liner on both.

I just ordered a bag for $50.00, and mostly use it now. I do not mind spending money if the product is good, and holds up longer than two months.

mommato2boys
06-08-2005, 02:18 PM
That's a shame for such a pricey bag, but I am sure that you prevented many others from making a pricey mistake if it wasn't just a lemon that you got. Did you contact Ella about it?

mommato2boys
06-08-2005, 02:18 PM
That's a shame for such a pricey bag, but I am sure that you prevented many others from making a pricey mistake if it wasn't just a lemon that you got. Did you contact Ella about it?

dshaulae
06-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I did send the owner an email, but custom orders are nonrefundable. Hopefully, she will use my suggestions that I sent to her, ie using better fabric.

mommato2boys
06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Hmm....that is to bad since most people would want the custom bags.

cartersmom
06-09-2005, 09:47 AM
I had a problem with one that I bought a few months ago too. The metal feet on the bottom came off almost immediately after I received it. I did send it back and they fixed it for me. I have learned with the custom bags to order darker fabrics - no pastels or anything - since they do tend to get dirty faster.

Melanie
06-09-2005, 10:27 AM
That's too bad. I also have an Ella bag, from a co-op over a year ago. I was noticing that I actually had to throw it through the wash and it stood up better than expected. However, shortly after I received the bag one of the interior pockets came unstitched. I contacted her immediately and she said to send it back for repair, but ignored repeated emails questioning how long she thought it would take. So I never sent it. Also, I ordered it with a twill on the inside and it came with a thin cotton (or the like).

I will probably still use it for a pretty light-use bag...since like you it was a custom and so I really like the fabric choices.