PDA

View Full Version : Sew Cute Boutique Covers (or others with the pillows)

golfgirl12_27
06-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Do the pillows help your baby sit up in the cart better? For instance, DD can't sit up by herself yet but does great in her Bumbo seat and when she has some assistance. If I had 2 pillows would that help her in the cart enough to use the cover. I just had to switch to her convertible seat and I know I can use the infant seat as a carrier to go in the store but I don't necessarily want to if I don't have to (for shorter trips to the store).

TIA,
Suz
dd- Sophia 01.12.05

callalillyanne
06-10-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm bumping this because I am in the exact same boat! ;) I was thinking of getting a SCB cover and was hoping the pillows would prop her sufficiently.

golfgirl12_27
06-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks. I've emailed Cathy to see about an extra pillow or maybe a "longer" one or something. I'll let you know what she says.

callalillyanne
06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks! That would be great! :)

ilovetivo
06-11-2005, 09:16 PM
I bought 2 pillows for the same reason, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to switch her car seat w/in the month too.

linsei
06-15-2005, 09:31 AM
A pillow will help, but I think the amount of support also depends on the size of the cart. With some wider carts (Sams) that can actually hold 2 kids, I think the pillow may shift. In any event, at least your dc would have a nice cushy pillow to lean. Before ds could sit up, I propped him with a pillow and he would eventually end up leaning, but still seemed comfortable. Make sense?

Linda

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040428/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

callalillyanne
06-15-2005, 09:55 PM
That makes perfect sense! Thanks! I think I am going to order a cover for DD soon! :)

ShaniB123
06-16-2005, 12:16 AM
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but do you put the pillows in front of the baby so they can lean forward, or behind the babies to support their backs?

Shani
Mom to Madeline Emma (10-9-04)

golfgirl12_27
06-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Doesn't sound like a stupid question to me :o)

I was thinking one in front and one in back. That's kind of what we did in the exersaucer to help support DD's torso (only we used a blanket).

holliam
06-16-2005, 10:23 AM
My baby is a month older than yours and she sits well on her own so we actually have the pillow on the side so she can grab and cuddle with. She sleeps with a pillow about the same size that is her lovey so she loves it.

Holli

linsei
06-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't think there's a wrong way to do it. The pillow is for both comfort and support, IMO. With my ds, I usually placed the pillow so that he could lean into it - kind of next to him, but wedged behind him slightly. Our pillow is pretty fluffy, so if it were placed completely behind him it might make a new sitter lurch forward.

Currently, our pillow is used for entertainment purposes - he thinks it is hysterical to toss it out of the cart for me to pick up!

Linda

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040428/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

hapahaolegirl
06-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I think two pillows would be great! I wish I had ordered an extra pillow for the other side of my cover from Cathy. Make sure if you do get an exra that she makes it so it can clip on to the cover as well. You don't want the pillow to accidently fall to the ground. My DD is almost 10 months old and she will always lean to the side that the pilow is not on. When she was younger she did the same thing so I think the extra pillow will help a ton. DD also now uses the pillow as a toy as well.

HTH

Kristen