PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question for Skip Hop Dash Owners...

audball
06-09-2005, 09:30 AM
well, ok a few stupid questions...I cannot believe that I'm even considering another bag, but yesterday's episode at the science museum with the snack cups pushed me over the edge! I'm looking for a low-profile (read: shorter) bag where I can see everything all at once, but also something that has a ton of pockets so I can stack snack cups (my son has real severe food allergies, but he goes through these spurts where he is ravenous). So my questions to you:

1. I love the ballistic nylon, but I know that if the material is supported well enough (interfacing?), the bag sags in 20 different directions. When your Dash is packed, is the bag kinda flimsy or does it remain stiff?
2. How much does the black interior bug you? Could you see having a lighter exterior making any difference at all?
3. Has anyone tried stacking snack cups (i.e. small containers, snack traps) in the pockets and can they stack?
4. With all 4 bottle pockets filled, does the bag retain it's shape pretty well?

I really need to get some justification for getting another messenger. DH keeps telling me that I should do something nice for myself (new clothes, new shoes, anything!) instead of buying bags - but then I tell him, that *is* the nice thing I'm doing for myself - LOL!!

newmomto1
06-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I'll try ot answer some of your questions :-)

1) I don't feel like the bag sags much at all (full or empty). Currently I am only using the Dash as a stroller bag on my new jogger so I don't have very much packed in it & it's holding it's shape well.

2)The black interior doesn't bother me b/c the bag is so organized. I always know where everything is. I don't feel like I need to "dig" or search for anything.

3)I have a Cheerios container (one of those yellow ones with the Cheerio logo on it) in one of the front pockets. I don't think you could get more than one snack cup in a pocket unless the cups were pretty small. I havent't tried the interior pockets with snack cups..but if no one has an answer for you , I'll check it out :-)

4) I am not sure that having a bottle or a cup in all four bottle pockets at the same time is an option. The pockets back up to each other & I don't think they'd all fit. So, if you had a bottle in the exterior pocket...it would be very difficult to fit one into the interior pocket on the same side (does that make sense??).

HTH...LMK if you have any other questions!!

audball
06-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks a bunch! Your answers have helped me out a lot :). I wonder if in a fit of frustration, I thought the answer was a new bag...of course, I think the answer to every problem is a new bag, so there you go...;)

ilovetivo
06-21-2005, 08:45 AM
i agree about the bottle back to back being tight, but I have done it. i think you need to put the inside bottle in first. (i'm using narrow dr browns)

lisak
06-29-2005, 12:35 AM
I actually carry several snack cups in the interior pocket of the Dash and they do hold up well. I carry the cups by First Years or other small round cups w/ lids.

I agree w/ the PP that you won't be able to fit 4 bottles in the interior/exterior pockets at the same time...its hard to fit them since the pockets sit side by side (separated by the outside material...hope that makes sense), but I have fit a water bottle for myself in one of the front pockets.

I love this bag b/c its machine washable and great for hanging off the stroller.

Good luck!