PDA

View Full Version : I need a bigger bag!!

mommabear
06-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I really need some help here.
I bought the Alpha 7 in blue and really like it, however it isn't big enough. I am now looking for another bag. I have spent hours looking and I am at a loss.
I am looking for a tote style bag that is easy to get into.
The folloing is my wish list:

adjustible shoulder strap
flat bottom so it will stand up
not too stiff
not covered in heavy vinvl
not a delicate fabric
a few pockets but not too many
preferably not black
zip or snap top

Any suggestions are appreciated.
I am currently looking at Caden Lane tote, pursonality tote, and lesportsac baby bag. I am very casual and want function but not a boring bag. I looked at the T2 tote but after reading your posts if seems the organization isn't good.
Thanks

ckleist
06-10-2005, 02:08 PM
have you looked at the fleurville sling tote? I'm not sure on what size you are looking for, but it is great functional bag that stands up on its own. Besides the vinyl covered ones and the black, it also comes in green ballistic nylon and they are supposed to be adding new nylon colors. I don't think the lesportsac stands up on their own, but I could be wrong

mommabear
06-10-2005, 09:03 PM
i went to look at them today but they are still on order. I don't think it will be much biger than my A7 but we'll see. They did have a mothership for $70 so I am now thinking i may just get that since I don't think I will find my perfect bag.
thanks

callalillyanne
06-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Where'dya find the Mothership for $70? Thats a great deal, I would snatch it up! LOL :)

tinkerthinker
06-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Having had both the A7 and the Sling Tote, I think the Sling Tote actually fits less than the A7. That's just been my experience. I don't know what it is about the multitude of pockets, but somehow, it seems to get full very easily.

dianna
06-15-2005, 10:34 PM
I bought the Caden Lane bag today. I have no practical experience with it, but I love it!

http://cadenlaneco.com/collection_aidan.htm

lisak
06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
I just landed on your post and am curious why you think the A7 holds more than the Sling Tote.

In hindsight, I should have picked up an A& when I could, so now I might buy a SLing Tote. I have a toddler, so am not looking for a super duper sized bag.

Look forward to your opinion!
TIA!

tinkerthinker
06-18-2005, 02:48 AM
Just to preface...this is totally based on just my experience. :)

In case you're not that familiar with the A7, the interior of the A7 has one large compartment, one large "pocket" that runs along the entire back, one insulated sleeve and two pockets along the front. You can see a diagram on the Fleurville website. The A7 measures 4 inches deep.

Although the ST measures 5 inches deep, this includes front and back compartments AND the middle compartment, all divided by layers of the heavy interior nylon. The front and back compartments are very thin. I've also found that the since the interior pockets are elasticized, this adds to the 'bulk'. Thus, if the middle compartment is filled with the basics (i.e. 2 diapers, wipes case, cream, wallet, lotion, sippy cup), it really squeezes the front or rear compartments further. I really have to push the opening wide just to see inside. Otherwise, what I usually end up doing is just getting my hand to fit inside and then feeling around for what I'm looking for.

I just felt like the A7's simpler design made it a bit more roomy. I could open the flap and be able to actually see everything. With the ST, I find the front and rear compartments have a bit of the "black hole" effect due to their "thin-ness"...something I never experienced with the A7.

Don't get me wrong, the ST has a lot going for it as well. The interior IS extremely organized. The straps and their various configurations are very functional and comfortable, and they are pretty!

Anyway, I hope that helps! Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions!