PDA

View Full Version : Kecci, T&L Large Bebe, Bumble or Mothership ... which for a PACK RAT?

DAKnits
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi all,

I am in the process of attempting to downsize my diaper bag. I currently use either diaper bags by Oilily -- these are way bigger than any bags I have ever seen on anyone, but I love them and think they are totally gorgeous! I have the Bambi bag in blue and the Caravan in pink.

I am tired of lugging EVERYTHING with me, and decided to break down and keep another small bag in the car with extra supplies.

But I still need a large bag b/c my list of "essentials" to carry with me at all times is huge.

I am hoping to downsize to the size of the Mothership, but I would love a more stylish bag like the Bumble. I also ordered a new stroller, the Camden Silver Cross and need a bag that will hang on the single handlebar. I am not sure I need D rings or if the strap will just go around the handlebar.

Which bag would you suggest?

golfgirl12_27
06-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I saw a Bumble Bag on the back of a stroller a few days ago. Nor exactly sure how they did it (wasn't paying that close attention) but it was on there!

Other than that- I'm of no use. I'm still in search of the "perfect" diaper bag. Maybe by the time my kid's in college I will have found it!

-Suz
dd 01.12.05

murpheyblue
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't have a Bumble so I can't factor that one into the mix but I do have the other three. I'm a happy Mothership owner but I think it's a very big bag to carry around everyday. The T&L large bebe is an awesome bag. It's very roomy but doesn't look as giant as the Mothership. The Kecci has less organization and structure than the other two (IMO). The fabrics are pretty but the lack of vinyl makes it less durable for everyday use. But the Kecci does have a great price and is convertible to a backpack. For an everyday big bag, I'd so with the T&L.

DAKnits
06-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info on Kecci! The lack of structure would bother me for sure, so that's out. I looked up the T&L measurements and they seem a little small for me, which is too bad b/c I like the features. I just don't think I could fit what I need.

What about the Skip Hop Duo or Expo, which holds more b/w those two? It looks like the Duo has better outside pockets for Avent bottles.

And does the Bumble Jessica hold more or less than the Duo and/or Expo?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

audball
06-10-2005, 09:25 PM
It probably depends on how you pack, but I think the Bumble Bag would hold more than the Duo for sure, and possibly the Expo...but both of these bags have the issue if they are not packed just right, they may tip over..so have you considered the Skip Hop Dash? That holds a ton apparently (don't own one)....

The Bumble Bag seems to be the best combination of style and organization. Another one that has D-rings and is fairly big is the Posh Baby bag. The Posh Baby Ultimate isn't that structured though, so unless you have a fair amount in it, it may flop around a little as well...Neither the Bumble nor the Posh Baby have feet on the bottom, which is too bad because they are pretty bags!

DAKnits
06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
This is just like searching for the perfect stroller ... there's always some feature you have to give up. But at least with some stroller features, you can buy "add-ons" like cup holders!!

I think it's down to the Bumble Jessica, Mothership, or the Petunia Pickle Shoulder Tote, which was suggested to me on the bags forum. The concensus is that the PPB is bigger than the Bumble and would be better for my packing needs. My concern is the lack of an adjustable strap and/or rings in order to attach it to the stroller. If I could fit what I need in the Bumble, that would be great, but I am not sure I can.

This is what I plan to put in there:

For baby:
change of clothes (onesie, socks, shorts)

hat (the safari style, not a baseball cap)

light weight, thin sweater

two burp cloths

one large bib

powder formula container (those large ones with the four dividers)

2 Gerber fruit/vegetable plastic "take alongs" and spoon

two Avent bottles pre-filled with water

three pacifiers

three diapers

wipes case (or ziplock with wipes)

diaper creme or balm

ziplock with a few teething toys and rings to attach to stroller
(this could also go in the basket underneath, but would be incredible
if it fit!)

thin, small blanket (I could put this under the stroller in the
basket, but ideally I would like to stuff it in the bag)

For me: my wallet and keys

rupptopia
06-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I carry just about the same amount of stuff! Especially when I am out all day. I love my I'm Still Me SoBig messenger/backpack. It is not too bulky & holds everything - even extra toys! Six outside pockets and five inside. Spills roll right off the fabric and the bag hangs off the back of my Espresso and or Valco just fine.

Here is a link:
http://imstillme.com/about_retail_bags.html

A fellow pack rat,
Michelle
Mom to Alex born 9/28/04

gogo548
06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for posting the I'm Still Me link. I like the look of the mess/bp bag. I like how it looks as though it holds its shape. I have to take everything out of my bag to find anything (cheapie bag from Marshall's).

I have a question: Where do you keep the changing pad? I like having a big outside pocket with easy one hand access (hate the kind that attaches to the bag and also hate the kind where I have to make room and shove it inside the bag.) How does that work for you?

I wish there was just one big diaper bag store where I could check all of them out! Hey, isn't that a great idea! :)

Thanks,

gogo
DD born 11/28/04

Melanie
06-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, I must say, I am a huge pack-rat bring-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink type of packer and I loved my Kecci. I used it when Ds was a toddler and in cloth diapers.

DAKnits
06-17-2005, 06:52 AM
I read that the Kecci is only 3 inches wide ... which is three inches less than a PPB ... does anyone find that they can fit as much stuff in it as a PPB?