PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone washed the Bumble bag in the machine?

DAKnits
06-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all your responses re: the bags I am considering.

I still love the Bumble, but everyone let me know that it's not as big as the PPB bag, and I would get more into the PBB. But after reading the blog on how to machine wash it (versus getting it dry cleaned), it's not the bag for me.

I had read somewhere that you can wash the Bumble on gentle cycle, but wanted to know if anyone has done this.

I know the Bumble isn't that large, but I am so desperate to downsize, maybe this will force me to do it???????

I need D rings on my bag, so that limits some of my choices.

And I love the look of the PPB and Bumble bags so that's what I'm going for.

I bought the Mothership bag anyway, so for days when I can't cut down on stuff, I can use that one if I keep it. Of course, this means justifying buying two more diaper bags, and I currently have two Oilily ones, but they are MONSTEROUS.

DAKnits
06-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I also just saw that the Sally Spicer Messenger bag is pretty large, any opinions on that one?

audball
06-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I have heard that the Sally Spicer bags don't have that much internal organization..which may be frustrating as you are trying to downsize - you need that organization in a smaller bag!

Re. the Bumble, I know that up until recently, they said that you should dry clean their bags, so the gentle cycle wash would appear to me to be a new thing (my bag said dry clean only)...in any case, I would contact them (maybe even before you buy the bag) and see what they recommend. Don't forget, there are little crystals on the front of the bag, and even a gentle cycle will probably take one or two off!

Also, another gal here posted that she gentle cycle machine laundered her Petunia Picklebottom. You may want to follow those instructions if Bumble says that gentle cycle washing is ok....