PDA

View Full Version : Questions about LE DIA

daniele_ut
06-13-2005, 10:03 PM
So after calling Sears and being told that they did not have the LE DIA diaper bag in the store, I went anyway and *did* see one there. Good thing they are selling LE, b/c Sears cs generally stinks. The bag was on the shelf *right* below the one she described to me on the phone. You couldn't possibly have missed it!

Now on to my questions. I am wondering if the new style bag has been changed again at some point since the bag I saw was made. It looked substantially similar to the one on the website, but the website says the DIA has exterior bottle pockets and this one did not. It also did not have a padded shoulder strap, but 2 adjustable tote style straps. If you have a DIA, could you tell me if it has exterior bottle pockets and describe the shoulder strap for me? I am on the fence about ordering this bag, and I have waited too long, since I need it Wednesday! I would to pay overnight shipping and find that it isn't exactly what I wanted. We are taking a cross country trip and I really just want one bag to carry a bunch of DS's stuff for the whole day, since we will be in and out of the van a lot. I have a LT that I generally carry as a purse/diaper bag on short trips and the black hospital diaper bag, but neither of these is really big enough for all of DS's stuff and my wallet, keys, cell phone, etc. Plus, I am SO sick of always digging around in the hospital diaper bag, since it has no inner pockets. The DIA seems like it might be great for this trip, as well as a bag for when DS goes back to the sitter in the fall. HELP!!!

bubbaray
06-13-2005, 11:01 PM
The DIA exterior pockets are on either side of the outside parent pocket, the large zippered on on the front of the bag (where it can be monogrammed). They are kinda hard to see, so maybe you just missed it?

I had the first "run" of the DIA with the crappy (ie., short) shoulder straps. I sent it back.

I reordered the DIA about a month ago for DD's daycare bag. They lengthened the straps and they are much better now. Not padded though. I really love the organization and it might be a good choice for your trip (great organization, a bit heavy but you'll be in the car most of the time it seems).

The other option is the LE backpack diaper bag. I haven't tried the new one, but the old one was HUGE!!!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

daniele_ut
06-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Melissa - Thank you! You hit the nail on the head. I just wasn't looking for the bottle pockets in the right place. I saw another pic just now on the LE website that shows a bottle in one so now I see where they are. I had planned to get one in red, but since the local Sears just has the navy I will probably pick that one up today. I liked the color more than I expected to IRL.

Yup, we'll be in the car for several days, making short stops, so I don't want to have to dig through several bags to find everything I need. Thanks again for your help!