PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons of your bags!

mommato2boys
06-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I got to thinking.....everyone always is asking different questions for different bags....maybe it would help some if we listed pros and cons (quick ones) of all the bags we own!!!!

1)Landsend DIA -Pros-Big can carry alot!, very well made, light color interior easy to find these, wide opening Cons- not that stylish (if only they made them in prints like their backpacks!)

2)Chrome messenger- Pros-Big, can hold alot, Very comfy as a messenger Cons-loud velcro and doesn't fit well on shoulder really a messenger only.

3)Red Hen Whole Rooster- Pro- cute prints, nice vinyl, good size bag Cons- Lack of zipper top and fringe tends to shed on everything!

4) Diaper Dude- Pros- cute!!!! Very well made, heavy duty zippers, very comfy bag Cons- size, could be a little bigger IMO and narrow front pockets are kinda limited, great toddler bag for me though!

5.) Alpha 7- Pros- nice material, well made, converts to a backpack Cons- too small for me, and velcro closure

6.) Kelty Kids backpack- Pros- holds a ton! three ways to carry Cons- lack of stylish fabrics

Hope this helps someone that were looking at these bags, but keep in mind, what one person thinks is a big bag, may not be to a heavy packer or vice versa, so these pros and cons are in our own opinions!!!

mamaAnn
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Skip Hop Expo:
PROS: lots of pockets, open top, nice size water bottle holder on front, zip open bottom, durable/washable fabric, stroller clips, adjustable shoulder strap
CONS: dark interior at bottom, velcro top collects lint

Clutterbag Tote:
PROS: nice quality fabric, zipper top, lots of pockets, nice size for everyday, doesn't look like a diaper bag
CONS: wish interior pockets were taller (only about 1/2 size of interior)

michlyn
06-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Kecci Mommy bag - Pros: pretty, can be worn as backpack or messenger, roomy, inexpensive. Cons: Fabric snags easily, no organization

hapahaolegirl
06-18-2005, 05:23 PM
1) Land's End Little Tripper: Pros - Perfect size for me. I love the key holder! I always keep my keys attached to it, even when I'm driving, this way I never lock myself out of the car. I also love the insulated side bottle pockets. It's really the perfect bag for me as far as features go. Cons - Not super attractive and if you pack the front pocket too much the bag will tip over and not stand on it's own.

2) Land's End Diaper Backpack: Pros - Lots of space, perfect for travelling. Cons - It's huge for everyday and it's not very pretty.

ETA: The LE LT is perfect worn messenger style because everything is accessible. Yesterday I was wearing my DD in a hotsling and wearing my LT and the woman behind me at the checkout counter told me I was the most well put together mother she has ever seen! That made my day! I'm assuming it's because I was able to bring my purchase to the counter, pay and all that jazz without any trouble.

audball
06-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I was thinking that you may have a hard time finding responses to this, since some of us have too many bags to count! But this is a good exercise for me to see if I really do need a bag for "every occasion" :)!

1. Timi & Leslie Backpack in Mia
PROS: Huge with nice organizing pockets on the interior, lovely fabric with easy-care vinyl-coating, super comfy-straps.
CONS: Vinyl makes the bag bulky and difficult to put under the stroller, the cavernous interior can make it hard to find things like snack cups, straps don't unfasten to go over bar strollers (but will work with umbrella-type stroller handlebars).

2. Skip Hop Duo in Denim (still in the honeymoon period with this one!)
PROS: Very cool fabric, stands up on it's own better than my old canvas Duo, red interior (so no black hole effect), same advantages of all the skip hops - can be put over your stroller or your shoulder.
CONS: limited capacity based on what you can see, since the bag is so deep

3. Loom Marsupial in Avocado
PROS: Great color, awesome, easy-care fabric, great magnetic closure, tons of intelligently placed pockets
CONS: A little bulky and when packed, the bag is narrower than one thinks. Some folks can't wear it messenger style because the strap is short.

4., 5. Chester backpacks in black racing stripe, asian print
PROS: Super light bag, very comfortable to wear as a backpack. Large capacity but still wears like a small bag
CONS: Only two interior bottle pockets and one zip pocket in the front - not a lot of internal organization. Interior is black.

6. Fleurville Alpha 7 in red canvas
PROS: Great size - one of the ones I like best for two kids in dipes as a light packer, love the conversion factor, nice pocket organization.
CONS: Doesn't wear super-comfortable as either a backpack or a messenger, canvas material isn't the most durable, black interior (although other bags have different colored interiors), only one bottle pocket and side bottle pockets are relatively small

7. One Cool Chick Large Messenger in Red Medallion
PROS: Absolutely gorgeous bag!!, great organization for light packer (two bottle pockets, one large interior pocket, two small exterior pockets under the flap for cell phone/keys), adjustable messenger strap, super lightweight
CONS: could be a tad larger, silk fabric makes me nervous about spills

8. Posh Baby Ultimate Diaper Bag in Twirl
PROS: Very large with lots of organizing pockets in the interior (4, plus two bottle pockets), convertible messenger/backpack features, nice big pockets on the exterior, great fabrics and lightly laminated so no worries about spills
CONS: A little too large for everyday, black interior, bag doesn't stand up on it's own

9. Jack Spade Square Messenger in orange canvas
PROS: Great size bag with a handy grab strap; nice, clean design. Interior is light-grey and waterproof.
CONS: Not a diaper bag, so lacking bottle pockets...can be a little small for longer day

Not really my bag, but I steal it often
Jack Spade Dad Field Bag
PROS: Just the right size for dads (looks a tad large on me), with two interior bottle pockets, two organizing pockets and one large zip pocket in interior. Great clean lines and no fuss interior. DH loves it.
CONS:Not very pretty and looks a little overwhelming on a chick...

HTH someone! :)

meshell
06-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Great idea!

1)Skip Hop Duo
Pros: Lots of pockets, organization, great bottle pocket, like how it hangs off stroller, stylish to carrym durable fabric
Cons: Too small for our daily outings!

2)Fleurville Sling Tote
Pros: Great organization!!!! Big enough to carry everything we need. Pretty and very well made, pricey but worth it! Messenger strap/pad is very comfy. Love how it hangs off the stroller, zip top allows easy access.
Cons: Looks like a diaper bag and I don't wear it much, since it's kinda big. It mostly just hangs on the stroller, but it is our daily bag.

3)Kecci Shanghai
Pros: Beautiful fabric, great price.
Cons: Floppy, doesn't stand on its own, no interior organization. I just don't end up using this all that much.

4)Lands End DIA
Pros: Big bag! Holds everything we need for a weekend out. Acts as baby's suitcase. Great price.
Cons: Not very stylish, floppy (we have the old style from the overstocks page)

writeleigh
06-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Fun!

1. Fleurville Sling Tote - my current favorite.
Pros- great size for me right now- it isn't too big or too small. It's attractive and unusual- people have asked me about it when I carry it.

Cons- doesn't hang on stroller as well as I hoped- keeps sliding down handles- maybe I am doing something wrong or it's my stroller?

2. Whimsical Wears Katie Bucket Tote- second-most-used
Pros- I love this bag and all the pockets! Again, I get lots of compliments on it. It's small enough that I can use it as a purse and/or diaper bag. Great for quick outings or when I do not need as much baby stuff.

Cons- not big enough for a substantial trip out with Liam.

3. Fleurville Mothership (just sold)
Pros- Interesting fabric/pattern choices. Well-made. Good organizational features.

Cons- too big for me. This is way to big for everyday, but not quite big enough for travel/long trips. Flap closure- overall I don't like bags where I have to continually lift the top to access stuff. Also, for me it wasn't comfortable.

Retired bag-
4. 2RedHens Rooster
Pros- Beautiful and interesting bag! Great fabric choices- very whimsical- I really liked this style a lot. This was also a great size.

Cons- Not as well organized as some other bags.

samiam
06-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I only have one - the Land's End Little Tripper:

Pros - Good size for toddler; adjustable strap can be worn messenger style or even slung over handles of a shopping cart. Machine washable (and I've even dried it on low). Key fob is handy. Decent organization.

Cons - As has been mentioned, if the front pocket is full the bag is tippy and will not stand. Thicker sippy cups (First Years Elmo Cups) a bit hard to get in and out of bottle pockets. Wish it were just a little bit bigger.