PDA

View Full Version : LE backpack bag - how to pack it?

anamika
06-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi,
I have the LE backpack diaper bag and I just cannot figure out how to pack it so things stay in place. Can someone who has this bag maybe explain to me?
Right now I have the clothes, diapers, wipes all in the middle compartment just jumbled up. The velcro fastener pocket on the front doesn't hold anything - what can you put there - maybe a Huggies travel wipes case?
The inner mesh things are too small for wipes and more than 3 dipes don't fit in there? So again what can you put there?
Arghhhh, I'm so frustrated with this bag.
It's big enough to hold the mess and it's great to have your hands free but apart from that ........
Please help a completely clueless cluttered mom!
TIA,

hapahaolegirl
06-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I have the older style LE diaper backpack, the one previous to the current backpack but I think they are very similar. If I am packing for a trip...
I pack the back compartment (zippered part closest to the back) with clothes. The main part I put diapers in, around 20 to 30 of them in two layers. In the mesh parts in that compartment I stick a travel wipes case and full size diaper cream. In the top mesh parts I put a baby washcloth, travel packet of stain remover, breast pads. On top of the diapers I put in a few of DD's toys and a few small take and toss containers full of snacks. I still usually have room for more but that's all I packed for this last trip.
In the velcro part where the parent bag sits in I put nothing usually. The small front pocket I'll put my wallet, phone, kleenex, chaptick, small lotion. The side pockets I'll put DD's sipy cup (bottle when she was younger, she's 9.5 months now) and my water bottle in the other pocket.
When I'm not travelling I just use my LE Little tripper. Even when I do travel I use my LE LT to take everywhere with me and I just keep my backpack full of everything else I don't need to lug around with me.

HTH

Kristen

anamika
06-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks, Kirsten. I have to try what you suggested. Actually, I completely forgot about the li'l bag that came with it. But it would be handy for taking into the mall etc. Duh!! We actually lug everything around. Yes, we're the clueless parents you see with the over stuffed stroller :)
We don't have zippered part close to the back. That has the changing pad in it. So that must be the difference?
Thanks again,

ribbit1019
06-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm not too happy with mine either, but this is how I pack it. this serves as our Bag to go MIL's.
Back compartment:
6 Fuzzi Bunz, soft pack of Wipes, Wet Bag
Large Middle comparment, upper mesh pockets: Tissues and Nice-n-clean wipes in one small pocket, socks in the other.
Front Mesh Pocket 6 Disposable Diapers:
Main Compartment, 3 outfits 2 onesies and Shoes on top
Top zipper, DD's medical record book and insurance cards, small first aid kit, mommy misc items.
Pocket that does not close, Bib, Food and utensils.
Front zipper pocket, trial sized lotion, shampoo, baby bath, sun block, comb, nail clippers, thermometer.
Bottle/Sippy Cups in Insulated side pockets.
I think that is everything...
But again, I don't like it much. I am still searching for the "perfect" bag that is big enough to hold all my junk. lol

Christy
Maddy aka "Little Miss Squirmy Monster"

How old is Maddy? "UN! AAAYYYY!" ClapClapClap

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

anamika
06-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure I have the middle compartment that pps are refering to? I have the chnaging pad in the back compartment and I don't think I can put anything there. I have never tried though.
Thanks,