PDA

View Full Version : Target has a Skip Hop Knockoff for $16.99...

jenfed1
06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
It's made by Amy Coe and looks just like a Skip Hop. I checked it out and I don't need it since I have a Duo from a few years ago...but for 16.99 it's a great deal for a nice stroller bag. They had Red and Light Blue.

punkadoodle2
06-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Was it actually in the store or on line? Does it hook onto the stroller like the SkipHop??? I'll have to check it out. thanks!

jenfed1
06-21-2005, 02:08 PM
It was in the store and the strap looked exactly the same to wear over the shoulder. It has separate straps to go around the stroller (which to me is actually better, because then you don't have to take the shoulder strap off every time you want to hook it to the stroller).

The main difference I noticed is that the 2 shallow pockets don't have zippers the way the Duo does, and the outside side pockets weren't as big, but it had 2 cute pockets in the front that have a drawstring pull. It's a nice bag for the price.

punkadoodle2
06-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks, looks like I'm headed for Target!! Might be perfect for what I need it for. Sounds like the ideal price too!! Thanks for sharing!

samiam
06-21-2005, 11:43 PM
I picked one up today and it's floppy but cute. Definitely a great stroller bag for the price. The side pockets are useless. One is tiny for a cell phone, but phone slides out if bag is tipped (and since the bag is floppy, it does tip) and the other pocket won't fit any sippy cup we own - it's too narrow. Sippies could go in the front two pockets though.

debbiet.
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Can you post a picture of it?
Would be fun to see how similar it looks.

Thanks,
Deb

punkadoodle2
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
OK,

Never reviewed a bag before...but here goes:

First, I have to say that I've never even seen a "real" Skip Hop in person!! I have coveted them for a while, but never have made up my mind to buy one. This was the perfect opportunity to have a similar bag for a real inexpensive price! I haven't put my things in it yet to really try it out....

This bag is a pretty flimsy nylon, like parachute material. I know it probably isn't Skip Hop quality, but a decent bag. I had a hard time deciding on the light blue or the red. Decided the light blue would look much nicer with my royal blue jog stroller.

It has a strap that would come off, but it's not necessary to take off the strap to hook it onto your stroller. The "stroller hooks" are separate. (OK, I'm already not making sense! LOL)

On the front are 2 drawstring pockets. You could probably put your sippy cups in here or use them while it's on the bag.

One end side has a small pocket with mesh, elastic at the top. Probably a cell phone would fit. The other end pocket is long and narrow. Not sure any bottle would fit it in, maybe Dr. Brown's? I think my sunglasses might do just fine in there.

In the main compartment. It has a zippered pocket to the front and some mesh pockets towards the back. There is also a "pocket" between the main compartment and the front of the bag, in addition to the zippered one. That makes no sense, but I'm not sure how to describe it. The main compartment closes with a magnetic snap.

On the back of the bag is another pocket with no closures.

It also comes with a nice large changing pad and a small plastic lined zippered bag. The changing pad it laminated and has an elastic cord that goes around it to keep it folded.

I'll try to attach some pictures.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27649.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27650.jpg

punkadoodle2
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
It wouldn't let me add them all. Let's try again.

It still won't let me attach any more.....sorry. I'll try again later. Can someone give me pointers?

Mikesa3
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the pictures.If I find a red one at my Target I'll probably get it to go on my red P3. I like that it has a magnet instead of velcro.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

mommato2boys
06-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the pictures....I saw one today at target IRL....there are a nice bag for the price. Not skip hop's quality but very cute for the price!!! The side pockets were very small/narrow but overall, I thought the red was really cute! I resisted buying one since I already have a new bag coming this week. Worth a look for those that don't want to spend a lot and want a new bag.

knaidel
06-24-2005, 05:20 PM
We (DS and I) went yesterday to check them out. I agreee, that they look great for the price. I stood in the aisle for about 15 minutes thinking about getting one and then decided to skip it. If I bought one, it wouldn't have fulfilled my need for a Dash, KWIM? But if you're itching for a new bag, then this is a good choice. Also, it seems as if the nylon is pretty easy care, so this is probably a good choice for the beach. Or also, it's small and inexpensive enough maybe to buy as a diaper bag for day care or something.

sdbc
07-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I just got this bag, and those side pockets are perfect for sunglasses. :)

shoppinggal
07-25-2005, 03:43 AM
It looks pretty but it's not worth it! The stroller attachments are snaps not clips like on the real thing and they keep opening. and the red is really a dull maroon. I returned the blue and gave my sister the "red".

wendinbill
07-25-2005, 06:55 AM
I've wanted a skip hop forever, since they were first mentioned here. I went to Target yesterday b/c I needed a new smaller diaper bag now that DS is older. I bought the red knock-off, put all my stuff in, and I really like it! Haven't tried the side pockets yet, but most times the sippy is in DS's hands. Can't beat the price!