PDA

View Full Version : Quality of your Ella bag?

Nora
06-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Just curious what the general thought is here on these bags? I've had my eye on a particular print and been waiting for a sale--but recently I've seen a couple posts here about bad customer service and also that the bags don't hold up to everyday use? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

tina-t
06-22-2005, 01:52 PM
I have been pretty happy with mine. I have an Elaine that I use for work and use it 4x a week. I pack it up and it does get pretty heavy but has withstood all the punishment! I have used it for 1 year and 2 months and it still looks good. I recently switched over to a large Fourmi (Un Apres) for a change.

Sorry, but I never used mine as a diaper bag. But I think that these are good bags.

HTH.

jasabo
06-22-2005, 03:18 PM
I have an Elaine that's about a year old. I was using it last week and the strap ripped out of the stitching that held it to the bag (if that makes any sense). I didn't even have that much in it and I don't use it very often - it's never been washed or over packed or anything, so there wasn't really any excuse for it. I also have a purse that I bought from them a couple months ago. I rarely uses it, so I can't attest to the durability. But it did take about 2 months to receive it, which I was a little perturbed about.

I've tried to give Ella the benefit of the doubt when it comes to c/s complaints, etc., since I never had a problem with them. But since my bag ripped after less then a year with little use, I won't buy from them again nor would I recommend them. JMO though. Other people have had good experiences.

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

writeleigh
06-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Will they replace the bag or fix it for you?

aa2mama
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
I'd give a mixed review for Ella. I've used my bag for maybe two months, and it isn't showing any signs of wear. I'm very happy with it, although I think I would only order it during a 40% off sale. A couple of issues, though: 1) The seams on the fabric strip on my custom bag don't line up where they meet. 2) They mailed my bag a full week after they told me it had been shipped. But the times that I dealt with the owner (Aimee???) on the phone, she was extremely helpful and very nice to talk to.

calebsmama03
06-24-2005, 06:17 PM
I bought the diaper bad one (not the ultimate, but the basic version of that bag) right after they came out as a cheaper alternative to PPB and "cheap" is definitely a good way to describe them :( I ended up not liking the color so saved it to give to my sis this Feb for her baby but the workmanship was shoddy - it looked "homemade" in the bad sense of the word, if that makes sense? The lining was bubbled oddly so it didn't stand up corretly, the prints weren't lined up, etc. My sister has only been using it for 3 months and it's already falling apart :( I'd skip it and go elsewhere unless you REALLY love the bag. If so, then sign up for their list and buy only during a HUGE sale. Not worth the money :(
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, Sophia Grace 5/18/05