PDA

View Full Version : Expo Review

mommato2boys
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
I got my new Skip Hop Expo bag, I loaded it this morning so I haven't used it much but my impression so far:
I got the blue camo, I love it!!!! Very nice print/sporty/ great bag for dads or sportier moms or for a dress-down fun bag. (I find either you love camo prints or hate them, I love them and find this one very nice).
The bag has two pockets on the front, one is a open/velcro pocket- I have my wipe container in it for easy access and it fit nicely.
The other pocket has a flap/velcro- I have diaper bags/ buttock cream and powder- all the stuff I need for quick access for diaper changes!
The middle part is divided into three sections/ the first section is a zippered pocket that goes half way down the bag- I have DS's shot card, a small plastic airplane, and a ziploc bag with two binkies in there.
The middle section is open and the widest of the sections, I have three onesies, three disposal bibs, a full size gymboree blanket, a travel silkie, a small q-tip container, a small timbuk2 pouch with gas drops/tylenol/cold cream/ lip balm/ and baby finger nail clippers in it, a spare dr. browns bottle and measured powder in a midget tupperware container, and bib clips, several small baby toys. there is also a smaller slip pocket in the middle section, I have 7 size 2 diapers in there.
There is another small zippered pocket in the middle opposite side of the bag from the other zippered pocket (hope this makes sense), it is very shallow, good for keys or small items, cell phone, I only have a small notebook and pen in there. Then there is a back slide pocket to hold the changing pad.
I have the bag expanded and it does hold alot, but I will say the trick to it holding a lot, is packing it right. Otherwise it could turn bulky. There are two slide pockets on the inside that could hold bottles or sippy cups....personally I use a separte bag for these unless I am taking in just want I need, like when I go in at a restaruant. I use two bags (the food bag is my free bag from the hospital) for a couple of reasons, one, I leave the house in the morning and return at least after 6 pm at night, so I go all day and take my children to my office for the day. I need a diaper bag that holds more change of clothes and odds and ends, and I need to take enough bottles for a whole day out. Plus, if a bottle leaks, which I have had them do, even if it is just water, if can make a mess of my diaper bag. Plus, I am starting baby food for dS so I carry two divided tupperware plates for lunch and dinner out with DS and carry sippy cups since we are starting to work on phasing out bottle and go to sippy cups. The two bags work for me, but maybe not everyone. The expo carrys about as much as my landsend DIA bag did, there isn't as much room and I can't see everything as well, so we will see how it grows on me. But I can see using this bag since it is more compact, especially to go in to eat when eating out, it would fit in the booth better. The velcro has not yet bothered me, but I haven't really used it much. Or maybe I got a newer bag???
I hope this helps someone out at deciding on this bag or not...feel free to ask me any questions if needed.