PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered a mesh bag from the Saltwater Canvas coop?

momtoemma
06-23-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't make up my mind between the special whale bag and the regular whale bag. And then I start to have doubts that both of these might be too big based on the website comment that it is such a huge bag! Has anyone ordered and received their bag yet? I really want to order before the coop ends.

Thanks,

punkadoodle2
06-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I ordered 2 of the special whale bags from the yard sale page. I kept one and gave the other one to my SIL. I LOVE mine. It holds alot of stuff. At least 4-5 beach towels and other stuff. Love the pockets on the outside and the fact that it's deep. I will say that it is kind of heavy if you fill it full of towels. Perfect though if you only want to carry one bag!! Worth every penny I paid! Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

heidi_timms
06-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I love my huge special whale bag too. I really don't care that it's huge because I love to consolidate! So I do two oversized towels and a plastic hard mesh basket with 5 sandtoys in it. I use the pockets for the various things and I am loving the key carabiner inside.

HTH!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Twin Mom
06-23-2005, 04:30 PM
The special whale and the whale bag are the same size. The only difference is that the special whale has different color pockets and the whale is a solid color besides the handle. If you want a smaller bag, you might want to look at the beachy bag. If you are not a heavy packer the special whale/whale may be too big for you.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-23-2005, 07:09 PM
It's big! And the handles are short, so it really takes two people to carry it between them. It was great when we went to the beach with the whole family and all the toys.

I just ordered the Beachy bag to use when we are packing lighter. But it has the same short handles. I wish they were longer so I could carry it over my shoulder.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

Deborah_Hogan
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I didn't go through the coop, but I recently got the Whale Bag.

The fabric and design are great, but it is beyond huge. It is not what I thought it would be at all. I was looking for a really large beach bag, but this is way beyond what I can use.

I emailed a few days ago to ask for an exchange for a minnow bag. I've had no response to 2 emails. I'm hoping I'll be able to exchange it, because it is so big I'll never use it. They don't have an exchange policy on their web site, and with no responses, I'm starting to worry...

So if you are worried that it might be too big, believe it! I even laid out the measurements before I ordered, but still had no idea it could be that big.

punkadoodle2
06-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I wonder if my handles are longer because I have been carrying it fully loaded over my shoulder. Maybe it's what I've put in it. It should take 2 people to carry, it's do dang heavy! LOL

slewisaz
06-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi Stephanie,

I ordered a Beachy and a Special Whale. Have only received the Beachy so far; it is one size smaller than the Whale. Took it to the pool w/DS. Put 2 huge beach towels in it and clothes to change. Didn't have a ton of room left. Put incidentals in the outside pockets: goggles, sunscreen, cell phone, etc., and probably could have fit another towel in the main compartment.

We're headed to Mexico next Friday, so I hope my Whale comes by then. I'm sure we will need that size for 2 beach blankets, 2 adult beach towels, 2 kid beach towels, and beach toys, etc. I plan to use the Beachy then too for any extras or if we want to split up the kids at nap time.

HTH...

Suzanne, mom to
Jack 2/3/01 & Nicholas 12/3/03

Deborah_Hogan
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Good news. Heard from Saltwater. They will exchange the Whale Bag.

Really, it is huge.

jamsmu
06-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Here's what I need to fit in it for the pool:

2-3 towels, reg. diaper, wipes, 2 swim diapers, water wings, pool toys (shovel, watering can, other small plastics), sippy cup, toddler shorts and t-shirt, sunblock, water.

I'll still take a cooler bag with me with lunch.

Any suggestions on which size??

ETA--is the coop even still going? could someone please repost the link? TIA

Twin Mom
06-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Here is the link. The sale is through the end of the month.

http://www.saltwatercanvas.com/bbbmoms.htm

As for your size question, I don't know if you could fit everything you mention in a beachy. If you can it would probably be very full. The beachy and whale bags are the same height, it is only the diameter that is different. 11" for the beachy, 15" for the whale. Would you rather have a very full beachy or a not so full whale? A size in between (which isn't made) would probably work best for most of us :-)

c2lane
06-27-2005, 05:30 PM
For those of you who have received their bags, would you mind posting a picture with what you would normally put inside? I'd love to see one of the Whale and Beachy bag as these are the 2 I'm considering.

~Carrie
mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
& our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]