PDA

View Full Version : Chelsey Henry Weekender bag review and pictures

writeleigh
06-24-2005, 03:31 PM
In my seemingly never-ending quest to find a travel diaper bag I like, I got the Chelsey Henry Weekender. Hopefully it will work out and I'll love it as a travel/long excursion bag. I got the cocoa and lipstick (which, let me tell you, is a quite bright, lipstick-pink color. In the web photos, it looked more muted. I don't mind, really, as I love bright colors :D ). Also, in these pics it looks shiny, but it really isn't IRL.

I packed (for a plane trip) 3 size 6 diapers, wipes, disposal bags; Snacks; two books; cosmetic case with trains and car toys; 2 little books; Whoozit picture book; a book for me; my wallet in one pocket; mom stuff in a small cosmetic case; first aid in a small cosmetic case; paci; 1 sippy cup (will put two bottles in tomorrow).

dimensions: 16.5 L x 13H x 6 D

Pros- I like the overall look of the bag. It truly doesn't look like a diaper bag. It's unique looking, and I know I won't see myself coming and going. I love the inside, stripe print. I like that it is light, yet not unstructured. Lots of "wiggle" room- the bag expands quite a bit and is very roomy. Adjustable and detachable shoulder strap. There are two, interior bottle pockets on either side of the bag. These pockets are very generous. I can fit one sippy cup (see below) or two of my Dr. Browns bottles in one pocket! 3 exterior pockets. One, large zip pocket on interior, 3 smaller pockets.

Cons - Wish the handles could be hidden while using the shoulder strap. Shoulder strap could be made of a more padded material.

Bag fully packed. I have packed for a plane trip we're going on tomorrow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/P1000428.jpg

Side and top of bag, fully packed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/P1000430.jpg

Interior one: (The bag is not actually shiny IRL- guess something's up with my lighting)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/P1000431.jpg

Interior 2: wanted to show the sippy cup and where the bottle pockets are.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/P1000432.jpg

mommato2boys
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
:D Please stop posting pics of these great bags!!! I keep finding more and more that I like!!!!!!!! LOL!

writeleigh
06-24-2005, 04:55 PM
LOL!! I know the feeling. I keep selling former bags to finance my habit:)

mommato2boys
06-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I can totally relate....I am awaiting a new bag to come, and I hope to get home before DH so i don't have to hear "what, another bag??!!!" Heehheee.
First step is admitting you have a problem....I admit...I admit!!!!! Now can I go back to bag shopping????

writeleigh
06-24-2005, 05:09 PM
:DLOL! One of my good friends, another bag addict, and I both always "prep" our husbands for new purchases by mentioning how many bags we've recently sold! :)

boys2enough
06-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Leigh,

Just want to thank you for posting this great review and the pictures. They are awesome pictures. Too bad the retailers don't think of doing something like this. It's nearly impossible to make up your mind when you want to buy something sight unseen, kwim? I am sure your pics and review help a lot of moms out there.

:)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

writeleigh
06-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Thank you!!! I know from experience I like to come here and see/read other people's impressions of diaper bags before I buy them - it is hard with the ones you can only see online. I'm happy to, hopefully, be helpful to others :)

pixelprincess
06-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Gorgeous bag! Love the colors too. It looks like it packs a good deal of stuff. I just got a Work to play bag and really love it.

writeleigh
06-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Just want to add that, not that I've used it on the plane, it works really, really well for me as a travel diaper bag. I think maybe my search has ended!

calv
02-17-2006, 10:38 AM
thinking of getting this bag. Are the bottle pocket insulated? TIA! :) Do you love the bag? Anyone else have input/feedback? CONVINCE why NOT to get this bag, LOL.

jennab
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
One more argument to GET the bag - Overstock.com has it available for only $54.99 in both the chocolate/pink and in the black.

I have the One Step Ahead backpack for travel, but it is SOOOOO bulky. It holds everything, but isn't very stylish! Hmmmm....now really going to have to think about it.

writeleigh
02-20-2006, 01:54 PM
No, the bottle pockets are not insulated. I still love it for travel!

nupe
04-26-2006, 11:24 PM
What a great bag! I only found about this thread by doing a search. Too bad I missed out on the overstock sale==they only have black now and are out of coco/lipstick. Other than ebay,any recs on where I might be able to find this bag?
THanks, Nupe

Chaunacey
04-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the pick. I was just about to buy this bag for my mom as a mother's day gift-- she is going crazy with buying baby stuff for her house as her first grandchild is due in three weeks or so. I'm so glad I didn't-- It is huge!! I guess I should have known given it is a "weekender" bag-- but it just didn't click. Thanks!