PDA

View Full Version : Overland bags?

smbirth
06-25-2005, 06:19 PM
I wondered if any one here has heard about these, seen them IRL or actually has one?

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?vcat=REI_SEARCH&stat=7889&langId=-1&storeId=8000&textQuery=overland&x=24&y=17

I heard about these on the babybags yahoo group. I think the Donner looks like the LE LT, just with some better color options. I like the placer for a small bag just for me. And then I little further down is a city bag (name?) that is exclusive to REI that looks like is bigger than a LE LT.

I like what I have read so far about them from the REI site---anyone else have input?

Mikesa3
06-25-2005, 08:02 PM
I like the looks of it but with the measurements being 15 x 12 x 8 inches it would be a lot bigger then the LT,probably too big.I'm still searching for the same size bag you're looking for.Just not much choices out there.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

smbirth
06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
You're right Nancy--I just took those measurements and compared it to the Skip Hop Dash, and the City bag is bigger than the Dash!! Bummer!! There needs to be a bag in size between the LE LT or LL Bean and the Dash!!

priscilla73
06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi! I went Overland crazy, as usual! LOL Here are pics of my dd wearing her PJs, I mean, the Donner and the Placer. The blue bag pictured is the Overland Soho. The Red bags are the Dash and the Paprika Donner (which is rusty looking to me, Paprika is a perfect description) I love both the Placer and Donner for myself and the Donner makes a nice toddler bag.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/priscilla73/detail?.dir=d4d7&.dnm=311b.jpg&.src=ph

smbirth
06-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Oooohh--thanks for the pics Priscilla!! I really like the Blue Soho!! How does it compare in size to the Dash?

audball
06-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Priscilla, I meant to mention this before, but your daughter is so striking! A real beauty :)...

Love these bags...ok, next time REI has a sale...I'll have to take another look!

priscilla73
06-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Hmm, well the Soho is not for me. It's for a mama in the UK that I'm shipping it to and it's all boxed up already or else I'd take some SBS pics for you. There is barely any interior organization inside so the Dash has the Soho beat. The Soho is a little bit taller but a tad narrower. The Soho has really cool organizer pockets on and under the flap. Soho also has a nice, padded non slip matching shoulder strap. You wouldn't be able to clip it onto a stroller like the Dash, either.

priscilla73
06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Aww, you are so sweet! I've told you how handsome your son is already! Gonna be a heartbreaker, than one!