PDA

View Full Version : Not Diaper bag related; Need suggestion for travel bed

mariza
06-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Let me know if there is another board I should post on.
We are flying to HI in October from FL and picking up a cruise from Honolulu. DD will be 8months, too big for all the travel beds I've seen (snuggle nest- type) but I don't want to drag the PNP all the way there. Any ideas? I'd like to keep it under $100.

audball
06-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow, that's a tough one - especially since she is too big for the snuggle-nest but too small for those inflatible kid beds. Would this travel bed work?
http://www.samsonitejuvenile.com/products2.php?collectionID=1

Otherwise, I can only think of the Pack N' Play or those co-sleepers. You can get them in smaller sizes, so they may not be that hard to carry.

HAve you contacted the cruise line to see if they may have something available on board? Some of the larger lines are very well outfitted for baby travel :)

mariza
06-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Why didn't I think to call??? Thanks for helping me see the obvious (sometimes I get so worked up in "big picture" stuff, I fail to see the obvious)
I called Norwegian this morning and they do have cribs on NCL, yeah! One less thing to worry about. Although that Samosonite looks cool too, but I think she'll be sitting up by then and it says discontinue once they sit unassisted. I wish I'd seen it sooner, I could have used it on our AZ trip when she was 3 months old. Thanks again!