PDA

View Full Version : outdoor blanket?

nd93
06-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Does anyone have/recommend an outdoor blanket? I'm looking for one with waterproof material on one side and something soft on the other. I've seen ones by Tuffo and Kelty. Does anyone own one and have comments? TIA!

audball
06-28-2005, 09:36 AM
We picked up ours in the camping section of Target - I think it was an Eddie Bauer, but I'm sure they were contracted by Target to create one.

I don't have any experience with the Tuffo or Kelty brand, but someone posted (not sure if it was here) about Chester Handbags having some very nice blankets for outdoor use too (www. chesterhandbags.com - no spaces).

debbiet.
06-28-2005, 05:45 PM
I have the tuffo and I really like it. Large, cushy
and washes really nicely in the machine.
Water-resistant on one side.

From the photo it looks like it fold up with its own straps
but that's a separate holder.

All in all great blanket w/cute prints.

HTH
Deb

golfgirl12_27
07-02-2005, 12:46 AM
I have two that I got from Target. They zip up into a rectangle with a carrying strap. The outside is the waterproof side and the inside is soft. I wasn't sure that it would be soft until I checked it out. They were $20 but just picked up the second one today for $10. They have about 8 different colors too. I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind since you mention Tuffo and Kelty which is a little higher end then Target, but they aren't bad- especially for the price.

shishamo
07-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Oh, I have one and I LOVE it. I'm going to my target for another one!

callalillyanne
07-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Have you checked out the Chester picnic blankets? I think they are nylon on one side, and fleece on the other. I don't have one, but I have heard people rave about them!

www.chesterhandbags.com

HTH!

zapmansmom
07-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I also have the Tuffo and really like it.
Babystyle has them now in some cute prints just for them. here is the link.
http://babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=17011&SIND=1&dept=36&cmCL=geardept-playmats&cmPG=

Claudine~

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zachary) 9.5 months