PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Sling Tote questions

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Thoughts?? I know someone here has this bag!

jenfed1
06-29-2005, 08:24 AM
I love the look of this bag, I have it in Blue Chocolate. If you like the ISM bag, you'll probably like it...it has lots of pockets and great organization. My problem with it (which is why it's in my closet now) is that it lacks bottle pockets. It has an interior one, but it takes up valuable interior space for stuff (I have a newborn). And I like to carry water for myself or my almost 4 year old and there's no room. Maybe when my newborn gets bigger it will be used more, which is why I'm keeping it..it really is a cute bag. Once I start carrying a cooler bag for bottles, then I can probably start using it again.

Good luck

audball
06-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I can't comment on the Sling Tote, since I don't own one. I do know lots of women love the organization and the look. Since the method of hanging the bag is a little unconventional ( you can see it on the website), you may have to decide if you like the look, way the bag is situated, etc.

Re. the Bumble Bags and if it can hang on the stroller, it will depend on which style you get. I believe the Sally (the tote style) could only be put on an umbrella stroller, but the Rosie (more of a briefcase style) and the very popular Jessica style (the messenger/backpack convertible) can be hung on your stroller. The Rosie has a single snap "cuff" which goes around the stroller bar/handle (not the most secure method of holding onto the stroller, IMHO), but the Jessica style can either have the backpack straps removed and re-attached through the stroller bar OR you can use the very handy D-rings to attach the bag to Peg Perego strollers (they have these little clip guys for their own bags) or to attach to other strollers with carbiner clips.

The Jessica Bumble is quite large. It doesn't sound like you need to carry that much and the bag may be a little "floppy" when it doesn't have very much in it (although it certainly does stand up quite well). However, if you don't want to get more than one bag, having a larger one may be nice for those occasions where you go out for a long time. And they do come in some very nice fabrics too!

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the input. Can you just "sit" a sippy cup or water bottle in the middle interior of the bag? With my ISM bag, the pockets are angled such that you can't really fit a water bottle or sippy in them, so I'm accustomed to just sitting our drinks in the middle part of the bag (which can be risky if they spill!).

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks, and a few follow-up questions:

What are carbiner clips and where do I find them? Is there a way to attach either the Bumble or the ST to my MBUD with a single handlebar?

Re: the Bumble Jessica, it looks like the changing pad is permanently attached to the bag on one end. Is that right? Wouldn't it make for pretty awkward diaper changes of a 26 lb. toddler?

Thanks again!

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Duh--just went back to a website and now see that the changing pad is detachable. Phew!

Best on-line sources for Fleurville and Bumble bags??

audball
06-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Sorry, spelled them wrong - they are spelled "carabiner". REI has them, but any sporting goods store or Target may have them as well. They look like this:
http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?vcat=REI_SEARCH&stat=7889&langId=-1&storeId=8000&textQuery=carabiner+clip

You may need to make sure that your carabiner is large enough to go around your handlebar - just measure the stroller handle-bar circumference.

As you found out, the Bumble's changing pad velcros off - the older models snap off.

Best place for Bumble pricing in my research:
www.wildchildpdx.com

Sling totes:
www.expressivetoys.com

tmrbwilson1998
06-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Howdy! I have the pink stripe ST (my first fun diaper bag). Have had it since it came out, so I have had time for the realities of the bag to "sink in" for me! Although I like the ST, it is not my favorite, nor the "one" for me (I am still searching!).

I also find that for long day outings when I do not have my car but am walking in the city all day or at the hospital for various appts an hour away from home, I use the ST on the stroller just as a toy and activity bag and carry a smaller tote under my stroller with diapers and wipes, drinks and snacks.

Pros:
- messenger strap padding is comfy
-stroller attachment is great to have!
-I love the pink stripe - so fun and bright (have gotten lots of compliments on it, too!)
-love the dirty duds bag (I use it as a toy bag...lots of little kiddie meal-sized toys and cars. For quick trips in stores, I leave the bag and take the "toy" bag and my matching wristlet and it is perfect!

Cons:
-not used to such shiny vinyl covering
-IMO, the bag is too long to be a comfy messenger-style bag (I am 5'7" and medium frame)
-only one bottle pocket (though if I do not have anything in the main section, I can put extra sippy cups or bottles of water in there)
-IMO, the bag is heavy to begin with and it weighs me down when I have it packed with small bottle of water, sippy, snacks, and such

I do not know how easily you will be able to pack extra clothes on those rare occasions.

I am going to try attaching some pics of mine, as well as the contents, to give you an idea.

HTH!
Tina

Emmas Mom
06-29-2005, 11:02 AM
I use the ST as my main bag (mine & DD's) & have had it since Mother's Day. I love it. At this point in time, it's the perfect bag for me. Now when #2 comes around I'm not so sure it'll be big enough. One thing I do is keep a separate diaper bag in my car with extra diapers/wipes, juice, a snack for DD & a change of clothes. That, for me, eliminates having to carry so much stuff (I'm a bit of a pack rat I think). :D I don't use the messenger strap, just the tote straps, they work best for me. Here's a couple links to older threads that discuss the ST:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=23023&mesg_id=23023&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=22526&mesg_id=22526&listing_type=search

Here are a couple other pictures comparing it to a Kecci & a LE LT, along with one of me holding it (using the tote straps...I'm 5'5" BTW). HTH!

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Thank you! I wonder whether there is one "perfect" bag out there!

Does the "dirty duds" bag come with it?

Where can I find the wristlet on-line? (Ideally one site where I could order the ST and the matching wristlet.) What are its dimensions? I really like the idea of having a matching wristlet that I could grab out of the larger ST when I'm just popping into the drycleaners or whatever.

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Thank you! I wonder whether there is one "perfect" bag out there!

Does the "dirty duds" bag come with it?

Where can I find the wristlet on-line? (Ideally one site where I could order the ST and the matching wristlet.) What are its dimensions? I really like the idea of having a matching wristlet that I could grab out of the larger ST when I'm just popping into the drycleaners or whatever.

tbustermom
06-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the input. I think I'm sold. Now to decide on a color/pattern!

Who's that gorgeous woman in the photo? :-)

tmrbwilson1998
06-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Oops - sorry! I got my ST and A7 about the same time, and I think the dirty duds bag was with the A7. I am sure that Fleurville would sell one a'la carte though, as they sell the wipes cases that way.

As for the wristlet, here are the dimensions: 6x4

Here are a couple of pics I took for someone on the swap board a while back to show what I fit in. Now granted, if it was just a half an inch bigger, it would be perfect, but as you said, is there ever a perfect bag out there? :)

Here are some places online you can get both things:

www.expressivetoys.com
www.allaboutsavvy.com
www.babyoliverboutique.com
http://www.fleurville.com/where_to_buy.asp

HTH!
Tina

pinkmomagain
06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I am watching this thread because I too am shopping for my Fleurville ST and I'm glad you got such good feedback. I'm at the point of trying to decide which pattern/color to get and which wristlet to get to match.....I like the pink stripe (has wristlet to match) I'm just a little worried if it will look to springy/summery in the dead of winter in NY. I'm really digging the gold flower but wondering which wristlet to get to match (maybe blue/chocolate, or I see on some of the websites an all dark chocolate). Finally, the green ballistic also is fun and I think would do OK in any season. Which colors/patterns are you considering? Anyone else have any opinions?

Gina

tbustermom
06-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Well, I ordered the blue chocolate bag and wristlet yesterday, but got word today that it is on back order for 3 weeks from that site! Boo hiss!

I was really torn on color/pattern, so I showed the options to my husband, who suggested blue chocolate because "all those flowery and striped ones might clash with your clothes." :-) I hope that the blue will work year-round. Part of my decision was that my single stroller is ice blue, and double is red, so blue should work okay with both strollers. Also thought the blue would go okay with my normal blue jeans/workout gear wardrobe when I'm home with the kids. :-) Let me know what you decide!

audball
06-30-2005, 05:10 PM
nm

tbustermom
06-30-2005, 05:37 PM
I've been doing some research here and think the Fleurville Sling Tote may be the right diaper bag for me. If you have one, what pattern/color, and would you buy that pattern/color again? Are additional patterns/colors going to be released this summer, and, if so, when?

I understand that I can attach the ST to my two-handled single stroller, right? Is there a way to attach it to my one-handled double stroller? Has anyone tried to carry it messenger-style while also holding baby in hip carry in a pouch or sling?

The Bumble bags don't attach to a stroller, do they?

Most of the time I just carry my essentials (wallet, cell phone, PDA, lipstick, sunglasses), wipes, a cloth diaper for my young toddler and small wet bag for dirty dipe, and two sippy cups and multiple snacks for the young toddler and my preschooler. Rarely, we travel farther afield (as in a day trip or short flight), and I might want to carry an extra outfit for both. Think the ST will fit my needs? I only want one diaper bag and am fairly particular about styling. For what it's worth, the only diaper bags I've owned to date were a huge canvas bag from Land of Nod and an I'm Still Me bag, and neither one was my "dream" diaper bag, although I liked the smaller size and organization of the ISM.

TIA!

H