PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop or Fleurville ST?

scout123
06-30-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm due in October but already hunting for the perfect diaper bag! What would you recommend for a new mom? A Skip Hop or a Fleurville ST?
Angie

ellies mom
06-30-2005, 05:17 AM
I haven't tried the Fleurville ST; I just found it yesterday. I have the SkipHop and really like it a lot, but for the most part I keep it on the stroller. I don't really like the style for carrying around as much partly because it is a little larger than I like. What I really like about the Fleurville ST is the styling. It seems to have the best of both worlds. A cool style (wish there were more fabric choices)for carrying and the convenience of attaching it to the stroller. If your DH is anything like mine, you may want to consider both. My DH is a bit childish when it comes to diaper bags. He'd never carry the ST. The SkipHop is one of the few diaper bags he liked enough to carry. I must point out the obvious though that the SkipHop is $80 cheaper.

Like I said I haven't tried it yet, but if I was in your position and wanted a bag just for me, I'd seriously look at the ST but you can't go wrong with the SkipHop. If I could only have one bag (and had to keep my DH), I'd go for the Skip Hop.

ETA- Yes, I realize I made no real recommendation. What I want to really say is go for both. You deserve a pretty bag that makes you feel good, and I think the ST could be that. I just really the SkipHop also and so might your DH. So it would kind of be a bag for each of you.

SteelerFan
06-30-2005, 07:57 AM
There are awesome qualities to both! Why not buy both! LOL! I like my ST now--was a bit leery when I first used it-I am using it tote style now because when I use the strap the top of the bag bunches up and I don't like that! But the bag is gorgeous! AND they are coming out with some new colors in the fall--I believe Catherine, the owner, said the colors would be white cord and Tiffany Blue Cord! I also wanted to add that Fleurville's customer service is AWESOME! I had some issues with my Mothership vinyl tearing after just a few weeks--initially I had to prove that I bought that bag and didn't buy it off of Ebay (which kinda turned me off at first until I understood!) but they have been wonderful about replacing my bags and so very apologetic. I love that in a company!

I had a SH Duo and I found it to be way too small for my needs with a newborn but if you're looking at them I'd say go for the Dash! It's roomy enough to fit everything and the price you can't beat! I love all the new colors, too!!! Another favorite of mine is the Timi and Leslie Large Bebe!!! I had a Tammy--loved the color, loved the interior organization, large enough for everything AND it comes with it's own little wristlet that matches! It reminded me of a small Mothership, which was another of my absolute favorite bags (although many would say too big for just one, but I'm a heavy packer and it fit me perfectly)
Good Luck--it's so hard and there are so many beautiful bags--that's why most of us end up with a collection instead of one bag!

Amy
2 DDs
DS-8/04