PDA

View Full Version : Need diaper bag help!

my3fallkiddos
07-01-2005, 09:13 PM
My current diaper bag collection includes:

2003 Kate Spade Medium black diaper bag (love love love this diaper bag!)

1997 Lands End Do-It-All diaper bag (and going strong- so useful on trips!)

2005 Reese Li diaper bag

2004 Baby Innovations diaper bag (bought at BRU but never used)

I'm preggo and due in September; DD is 8 and DS will be 22 months when the baby is born. I'm assuming I'll be homebound for a while but the few trips I do make (peds, parents, friends) I want to have a diaper bag that will fit everything (diapers for 2 kids in different sizes, wipes, dirty diaper bags, change of clothes probably just for the baby but maybe sometimes for DS as well, bottles, maybe formula (if nursing doesn't work out), breast pads, creams, sippy cup, snacks, 1-2 pacifiers, cell phone, my planner/wallet and calendar).

Whew :)

So am I asking for the impossible? I adore my KS diaper bag but I just don't think it'll hold everything for 2 kids 2 and under!

I'm so out of the diaper bag loop, I don't know what brands are good right now!

Thanks!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

my3fallkiddos
07-08-2005, 09:10 PM
bump... please help! I really need diaper bag suggestions :)

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

audball
07-08-2005, 09:54 PM
It sounds like you are a mix of practical and clean, simple lines...that's really tough for a bag that can definitely be big for two. I can start, but I'm sure other mamas will have other suggestions:

Backpack or backpack/messenger comvertible:
Posh Baby Ultimate - huge and comes in pretty fabrics that are all coated with a very, very thin coat of vinyl. Great internal organization, but the interior fabric is black. Also ,it's a little high on the price point ($170 retail)

Bumble Bags , Jessica style: upholstery-grade, fun fabrics and great internal organization. I'm not as hip on this one for two because it has only the one exterior bottle pocket (the Posh has two on the exterior and two on the interior). The other exterior pocket is great for a cell phone or keys, since it has a magnetic snap

Messenger:
L.L. Bean Diaper Bag. They may be sold out, but their large touring bag is the same bag (for less!) without the diaper changing pad (but you can get those anywhere or use one from one of your other bags)

Skip Hop Dash: Heard that this is pretty well organized for two. Has tons of pockets, but a black interior. Since the bag is wider than it is tall, it is easy to find things though...

Well, that's a start! I was trying to think of bags that are big enough for two for sure. There are plenty of wonderful bags out there, but it's hit or miss if they are good for a medium/heavy packer with two...

MichelleRC
07-09-2005, 07:49 AM
My boys are 22 months apart too.

I used my Mothership alot at the beginning, particularly when we were going to someone's house or out to eat where I wouldn't have to carry the bag on my shoulder for too long. It was so well organized and stands up by itself easily.

My current favorites for 2 in diapers are the Timi & Leslie Large Bebe Bag & Backpack & the Haiku messenger. I am currently rotating among these 3 bags. If I am just going out for a short while, I also have a denim Skip Hop, but that is too small for a long outing, unless I pack food in another bag.

I am waiting to get my Posh Baby bag, I have heard this is nice and roomy and organized and also has the messenger/backpack feature, but definitely a little pricy.

Ahh, so many bags, so little time.

Good luck with the search!