PDA

View Full Version : SKIP*HOP copy at Target

sarasmom
07-03-2005, 07:58 AM
I just saw the Target add this morning and on the inside cover is an Amy coe diaper bag that looks just like the Skip Hop Duo. Same 2 pockets in the front and the straps look the same. The add says is attaches to a stroller. I might have to try one out in red if they look good IRL to go with my new red Bob Rev and red SC mini. My pink Skip Hop and pink ST(with brown trim) just are not the best combos.

Carol
Mom to Stephen 7/1/95
Alyssa 4/15/97
Sara 9/2/03

bubbaray
07-03-2005, 09:26 AM
It's already been reviewed here, including photos:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=23887&mode=full

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

theamazingtrace
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
You won't believe this, but yesterday I went to Macy's and found SH Duos on clearance. Get this... after all the markdowns and discounts, they came out to $10. I had never noticed SH's at Macy's before, but was pleasantly surprised to find them... and at such a great price. Perhaps you can call some of the upper-scale stores in your area to ask if they have any.

DH just wasn't as excited as I was about this one... "Another diaper bag?" he asked...

sdbc
07-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I was just logging on to post this! I just picked up the light blue.

jamsmu
07-03-2005, 12:31 PM
WOW!! What a great deal!!! My DH woudl chime in with yours and say "another Skip Hop?!" (I have 3)

debbiet.
07-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I just saw this bag at target, while it is very flimsy, and
I questioned how long it would hold up, there is a serious safety hazard on the changing pad.

I could not believe it!

On the changing pad there is a round elastic cord that closes the pad. It's quite large. If the baby is changed on the shiny side,
the baby will have access to this closed round cord.

If this gets around a baby's neck it can seriously strangle a little
one.

Shame on target for not safety testing their products!
Anyone who purchased this bag should cut that cord off immediately.

Deb

sdbc
07-03-2005, 05:47 PM
I guess that didn't seem like such a big deal to me since my baby wouldn't be on the pad without me right there. But if you ever leave your bag on the floor where it's accessible, I'd definitely remove it.

caridura
07-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Wow, that's a GREAT deal!!! Where in Macy's do they have diaper bags? I don't think I've ever seen any.

ekbecker1
07-13-2005, 12:43 PM
After reading this last night, I went to Target first thing this morning to look for this bag. I ended up buying the red and I think it's a great bag for the price. I had my red e3 with me and it hangs perfectly from the back. The color is not an exact match, but it doesn't clash either. It looks like a faded red compared to the bright red of the e3. I wish the bag came in black! The light blue is very cute and would look great with my black and gray Zooper, but that stroller is pretty much retired.

I usually carry a separate diaper bag and purse, but I'm thinking that with this one I might finally combine. There's a separate zip pouch that would make a perfect spot for "my" things and all my son's things could fit in the bag itself.

The side pockets are rather small - one side is big enough for my sunglasses case but the other side is so small I can't think of anything that would fit in it - maybe car keys but then you have to squeeze your fingers in there to get them out.

Other posters mentioned the fabric is not as strudy as the Skip Hop. True, it is not a stiff fabric, but it is the kind of fabric that nothing would soak into - you know? It looks very easy to clean.

zen_bliss
07-13-2005, 05:03 PM
i had no luck tracking down a macy's clearance skip hop, so i bought a red one too. i really like it so far. i use the outer adjustable pockets as cupholders since there's no way to put one of the prince lionheart cup clips on my maclaren. i spilled a LOT of water in one of the pockets when the lid came off, and it didn't soak through! i just dumped it out.

shoppinggal
07-25-2005, 03:38 AM
That's so funny -I also went to target to get the red one for my e3 but I ended up giving the bag (who has a navy e3) to my sister b/c it was more maroon than the vibrant red of the e3 - plus I HATE the stroller attachments - the snaps keep opening. I'm just going to get a real skip hop.

mollymcmommy
07-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I bought the red one a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for $15. I agree it's more of a floppy nylon bag, but it does work well and looks nice with my red SC Mini.

I keep baggies of snacks in one front pocket and a large sippy cup in the other, and the elastic cording keeps it all in. I keep a small cooler bag in the main compartment with a full bottle or two, and there's still room for small toys and some of my own stuff. The slide pocket in back I use for 2-3 diapers and wipes, although I did replace the changing pad with one that folds flatter. The little side pockets are good for sunglasses, cell phones, or a digital camera. I haven't had any problems with the attachment straps yet.

I'm kind of wishing I also picked up the blue one to go on my blue Zippy...