PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a stylish diaper bag big enough to hand infant & toddler stuff

LittleMonkeyMom
07-03-2005, 11:42 AM
I have a two-year-old (still in dipes but working on potty training!) and a 2 1/2-month-old, and I need a new diaper bag.

I've been scouring the boards and have a lot of information, but I'd still like more opinions. Basically, I am trying to show DH why this is an urgent need, not just a want. ;)

Features that are must-haves for me are:

Messenger style
big enough for two kids
lots of organization
easy to clean

Some extras that would really thrill me would be the ability to somehow attach it onto my strollers. I have a Zippy and a MBUD. I'd also like something that is cute (The SHs are very practical, but doesn't satisfy the inner "girl" in me).

I had a Bumble Bag that I dearly loved until the strap broke. :( That was a sad day in our house. The one problem with it was it seemed to be a dirt magnet, and I don't want a bag I have to dry clean. Right now I am using a big Babystyle tote that makes me want to weep for lack of organization.

Thanks so much for your help!

SAHM to Charlie Beth (3/29/2003), Sweet William (4/12/05) and three wild and wacky dogs.

tmrbwilson1998
07-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Howdy! Have you considered a T&L Large Bebe? I am waiting anxiously for mine to arrive in the mail (purchased it from a Mom on the yahoo babybag board) so I cannot give you a review yet, but I hear SOOO many great things about it! I have a 2 1/2 yo and in 2-3 weeks will have a newborn and was looking for a bag that was fun (I have been a LE bag girl up until now) and this one came highly recommended. I checked out a Mothership but decided it was MUCH too big and bulky for me to comfortable carry, and since its strap is not adjustable, was not for me, though I carry a lot!

I love the style of the T&L, hear that its organization is nice, and I will hang it over the handles of my P3. I also hear positive reviews of the Kecci bags...and of course there is the Sling Tote! I purchased this as my first stylish bag a couple of months ago...it is not the typical messenger style, but has the versatility of being a tote, messenger, or just hang on your stroller. Having used mine a while, I do not think that it is big enough for my needs (I too will be potty training soon and will want to carry extra clothes for both kids, along with food for my picky 2 yo and the usual things). If you are a lighter packer, you may find the ST perfect for your needs though!

HTH!
Tina

momtojoshua2002
07-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Hello!

My first time replying to a post here (actually, I just registered here today!), I usually only hang out on the Babybags board.

Anyway, I was just going to suggest that if everything else fails, to try out the Loom Marsupial. I have a 3 year old (we just started potty training like a month ago) and a 2.5 month old and everything I need for going out the door fits really well in it. I just got it and I love it! Yes it's wide at the bottom (18 inches) but is only 13 at the top, and 11 inches tall. The outside bottle pockets are fabulous as well as the magnetic closures! And yes, you're a bit limited on the colors, and it's spot clean only (they recommend washing it in the washer only if spot cleaning fails).

I have a T&L Large and it doesn't work well for me as a diaper bag. The outside pockets are impossible to put a bottle in quickly (gotta use both hands), I tend to have to dig for stuff in it, etc. (it's just as tall as it is wide). It's pretty and all and I am using it for work, actually. But having put the same items in the Marsupial and the T&L, I found that the Marsupial offered a bit more space in addition to me not having to dig for things in it. So for diaper bag purposes, the Marsupial wins for me.

Neither of those two have attachments to hang on the stroller, but I hung the Marsupial over the handles on my Zippy 2005 1/2 yesterday when we went to the mall and it worked just fine.

Another thing with the Marsupial is that it's the most comfortable bag I've tried to wear messenger style (it has a padded strap). Even wearing it on the shoulder, it's really comfy. I have to have the ErgoPad on the strap on the T&L Large and if that bag becomes too heavy, it still hurts my shoulder a bit.

Anyway, just figured I'd offer my two cents. Good luck in your search. Babybags are such a personal choice and it takes a lot of trial and error before you find what works for you.

~Ida