PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Apres Midi Fourmi bag

Judie
07-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm itching to get one and have a couple of questions for those who own one.

1) I have a 2 y/o and a newborn. Is this big enough to carry all their stuff?

2) I carry a sippy cup for my older daughter. I know this doesn't have an outside cup holder, is there space inside to hold one?

Thanks so much!

Judie

writeleigh
07-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure it would be quite big enough for a newborn plus toddler. It depends, though, on how much you pack. I use it as a toddler tote and I can fit one sippy cup plus one bottle inside it. Here are some pics of my bag packed, maybe it will help you see what you can fit:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=23814&mesg_id=23953&page=

Judie
07-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks Leigh, I appreciate the response! I'm nursing, so I won't need space for a bottle for the baby. However, I just remembered that a while ago my daughter's sippy cup spilled in my regular bag and my cell phone and palm pilot died. I currently have a SkipHop but that's too small for the both of them (I think). I love the SH's organizational pockets.

Hmm...I'm not sure now....

Judie

writeleigh
07-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, with the Fourmi, you would have the option of having your things in a completely separate pocket. I use the front pocket for my things. Another option (which I do when I travel) is to keep your palm pilot and cell phone in a little clear cosmetic bag, that way, even if a spill soaks through the pocket, your items are safer.

I know it's so hard when you can't see the bag IRL.

jerseygirl07067
07-04-2005, 11:19 PM
It totally depends on how much you pack. I think if you are nursing, and not a heavy packer, it would work perfectly for you.

I have an newborn and an 18 month old. I recently bought a cheapo knockoff of the small Fourmi and NY and Company (I think it used to be Lerners) for 12 bucks. I almost had enough room in that as it was. I put my stuff in the front compartment (cell phone, keys, wristlet, pen, sunglasses), the food/drink stuff in the middle, 1 sippy and two small snack containers, very small extra onesie and receiving blanket, and in the back compartment I fit 3-4 diapers and a wipes case, as well as a disposable changing pad.

It was pretty crammed with all that stuff, so I think the Large fourmi would be perfect! I'm waiting to get a large "authentic" one as I love the pink interior so you can see your stuff and also I like the three compartment design.

HTH,
Marcy

P.S. You can buy them from revolveclothing.com and I believe they allow for returns if you don't like it. Double check with them though..

Judie
07-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys! Now I want one ;-) I read one of the previous posts, where someone mentioned calling the LA store and getting 30% off. I will call and see if any are available. That price would be great, if they have the color that I want (thinking purple or maybe black).

Judie

c2lane
07-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Judie - when I phoned on Saturday, I believe she said they had the large Fourmi in Red & purple from the resort 2005 line and a Pecan in the Fall 2004 line. I went with the Red AND I bought an Ingrid in black! They should be shipping out today and I hope to have them by weeks end!

Let us know what you end up ordering one.

~Carrie
mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
& our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Judie
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
thanks carrie. i just called and all she has is a red fourmi on sale. pink is truly my color, so i was thinking purple would go well w/my clothes (hee hee) but red would clash. ugh! she does have tons of other bags but not on sale :-(

oh well....not sure what to do now....

judie

lmintzer
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Tagging on to this post, is the large Fourmi big enough for a heavy-ish packer (I have a 4 year-old and a 19 month-old, so lots of straw cups, snacks, diapers, sunblock, etc.). Thanks.

Does anyone know how discounted the red is? I think it would be cute for fall!

the mommy
07-08-2005, 12:22 AM
I only have one toddler. . .so tough to say if it would be big enough for you. I am sure some other moms of two will let you know. I bought the red fourmi w and love it. The bag was 30% off when I was there at the end of June. . . not sure how many they have left at the L.A. boutique.

Happy Shopping-

Heather
dd Alex 01.22.04

lmintzer
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks, Heather. I'll give them a call and see if they have one left. : )

Judie
07-08-2005, 12:05 PM
there's one i'm looking at on ebay but i don't know if it's a large or small. i emailed the seller and they replied that it's big enough to hold 8 1/2 x 11 documents. does anyone know if that means the bag is a large???

thanks!!!!!

judie

meshell
07-08-2005, 12:58 PM
That's gotta be the large. I have the small Fourmi and no way will it hold and 8 1/2 X 11 document.

Judie
07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks Michelle! I wonder why the seller just didn't say it was the large- I don't think he/she knows for sure. I'm so tempted to buy it but I'm still concerned about the sippy cup issue. It looks like such a nice bag though!!!

Judie

boys2enough
07-09-2005, 04:13 AM
Hi Judie,

I have a Fourmi W large. There IS definitely room in that bag for a sippy cup. However, you may not be able to keep it standing upright, kwim? Not sure whether that will bother you or make you worry about "leakage" from the sippy cup.

fwiw, I do carry a sippy cup in my Fourmi (the middle compartment is very very roomy and can take more than 1 sippy cup). So far I haven't had any problem with leakage. (knock on wood)

HTH.

ETA: Reread your original post so here is some more info: most of the Apres Midi bags do not have any inside organization at all. The Fourmi W you are looking at has 3 main sections/compartments, but there are no inside pockets at all. It is the same with their Ingrid.

I also have a Cadix small, and it is just one big roomy compartment. It does have a zippered pocket AND an un-zippered (is this a word?) pocket inside though. (both along the sides)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

Judie
07-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks so much Lin!!! I really love the look of the bag, but I'm still undecided. The lack of pockets does bother me. I know someone suggested putting things in zip lock bags, which is an idea, but I wish it at least had a cell phone holder. I used to use a Herve Chapelier (sp) as a diaper bag and it's just one big tote and I could never find anything, I would always miss calls, it drove my husband crazy!

I would love to find a cute, stylish diaper bag with compartments. Maybe this isn't the bag for me.....

Thanks for helping me out!

Judie

boys2enough
07-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Judie,

For me the 3 main compartments are sufficient enough: I esp. like the fact that I can keep my "mommy stuff" away from the baby stuff completely. No matter which bag I use, I carry a cosmetic case for my lipstick etc anyway, therefore so far I haven't had trouble locating any of the stuff. things like diapers and wipes are so HUGE anyway so you really can't miss any of those even in a burlap sack! lol. I am not trying to convince you that this is definitely for you, I just thought I should share more why it is working for me personally. Regarding cellphones... you are right, it would be great if it has a conveniently located cellphone pocket. I keep it in one of the 2 outside compartments and haven't had problem reaching for it. I do tend NOT to hear the phone ring no matter which bag it is in, so DH is always annoyed. He thinks that I should just wear my bluetooh headset all the time. Yeah, right.

HTH.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

writeleigh
07-09-2005, 11:26 AM
I always separate my things into small cosmetic cases as well, so the pockets aren't too much of an issue for me. Maybe moreso if it were a big, tote-style with no internal pockets. Since the bag isn't overly deep, and there are three compartments, I do not find that things get lost very easily.

goosey77
07-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Not sure if you are still in the market for the Fourmi or not, but I have a new large bag, color is light brown, that I was planning on listing on Ebay soon. I bought that and the black, and I'm unloading the brown bag b/c 1) all my other handbags are brown and 2) I think I probably shouldn't have two of the same expensive handbag. Anyway, I bought it for $70 and would part with it for that plus actual shipping if you are interested. If you are interested and want to see a pic let me know.

I *love* my new bag. I've only carried my ugly Similac bag and just smaller handbags, b/c I can't stand the look of diaper bags. I do keep my sippy cup in a plastic bag -- I wrecked a handbag thanks to that. It seems like it would clean up easy in the Fourmi but I don't want to take any chances. Probably the biggest thing I like about the bag, besides how it looks, is that I keep all of *my* stuff in the front section. I only keep my wallet, a zippered bag for receipts, and my cell phone in there, so finding my stuff is easy. In the center section I carry an umbrella, cups/snacks, and books/toys, and if I carried make-up in the bag that's where I would stash it. My back section has a couple of diapers, changing pad, wipes, and desitin. I could carry a lot more but I hate messy bags so I don't.

Judie
07-10-2005, 08:26 AM
I AM interested :-) Would love to see a pic. Thanks!!! By the way, how did you get such a great deal on the Fourmi?

Judie

goosey77
07-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I got it off ebay. The person I communicated with said they were clearing out of all their inventory (at least the Un Apres fall line), apparently their main business is a retail store.

Anyway, here's the pic. Let me know if you want it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/goose_fraba/IMG_3081.jpg

Judie
07-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Looks great. Was it used? Is there anything I should know about the bag? Thanks so much!

Judie

caridura
07-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I agree with Lin about the 3 compartments. I also find them to be enough, even without any smaller pockets inside the bag. I keep all my 'mom' stuff in one compartment and the baby's stuff in the other two. Right now, all my stuff is just thrown in there together as I am looking for a smaller cosmetics case to use for all my little stuff.

goosey77
07-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Nope, it was brand new when I got it and I have not used it. I only got it about a week ago, if that.

Judie
07-11-2005, 06:41 AM
weird, my reply from last night never showed up. i wrote that i'd take it!! thanks!

judie

goosey77
07-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Great! Can you email me at ggcampbell77 at yahoo . com with your shipping address? We can figure out the details of everything there.
Thanks!

Judie
07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Gretchen, My husband just called me- his coworkers gave him a $100 gift certificate to Land's End for our new baby- and so I will use that and get a LE diaper bag instead. I am so sorry! I know there was another mom here looking to buy a Fourmi at a discounted price- maybe she will jump on this. It's such a great price. Sigh.....

Again, I'm sorry about this! I really wanted the bag but now I feel too guilty about buying it.

Judie

goosey77
07-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Actually, another BBB'er emailed me about buying the bag after she saw your post.

Judie
07-13-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm so relieved that it worked out Gretchen. I just felt awful! Thanks for understanding.

Judie