PDA

View Full Version : Disney and JJ Cole Essentials bag questions...

Niki_n_Abby
07-06-2005, 01:17 PM
We are planning a Disney World trip and I'm looking for a bag. I'm considering the JJ Cole Essentials since it looks like it would be easy to wear I just don't know if it would hold all that I need. I'm also considering the LLBean Lg Touring Travel bag.

Here is my list of items for the parks:
Pullups
Wipes case
sun screen
bandaids
ointment
change of clothes for DD(shirt/shorts in 3T)
1 sippy cup and juice boxes
snack trap
granola bars
small digital camera
small video camera
thin wallet
compact/chapstick
autograph book/pen

Anything you would add to that list? Would the Essentials bag hold all that? Would you get both the Essentials bag and the LLBean bag? We will have a stroller with us as well that has a small basket but I'd prefer to not leave valuables in it.

Thanks for any help!
Niki

hipmaman
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
If you do a search for JJ Cole Essentials, you probably will find a couple of posts with pictures.

I have one and used it to carry valuables when we were in SoCal (Disneyland, SeaWorld, etc.) and have another bag that we left on the stroller handles to carry things that are bulky (extra set of clothing) and not valuable. We also have 2 kids w/o diapers.

It worked well for us. And I think the bag JJ Cole can hold all you listed. Btw, the large Disneyland autograph book/pen fit in the top pocket.

heatheann23
07-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure how helpful I can be with specific bag ideas, but a backpack has always been easier for me at Disney. Some of the ride lines are pretty long, and I preferred to be able to pull the pack from the stroller and wear it on my back while trying to keep ds entertained. On another note, I'm not sure how old your child(ren) are, but a small bottle of bubbles can be a lifesaver in long lines, and moleskin can help blistering feet make it to the end of the day. Those were two things I actually used in my overpacked bag!

heatheann23
07-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh, and don't forget ponchos! You can pick them up at the dollar store before you leave home. They pack small, and you don't feel guilty for tossing them instead of stuffing wet ponchos in your bag - ew.