PDA

View Full Version : Dash Owners!! How do you like it???

annasmom
07-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi all!

I have been out of the loop for a while because of our recent move. I am interested in learning what everyone thinks of the Dash now that it has been on the market for a while. How is the size, organization, etc?? I loved my Duo, but haven't been able to use it since my ds was born (it is not big enough for 2!), so I am really interested in the Dash. Do you think it is big enough for 2 children?

Also, the last I heard was that some people had some issues with the first batch of Dashes. If I recall correctly, I think it was an issue with the placement of the velcro. Does anyone know whether this issue has been resolved? Also, are there any rumors re the possibility of any new colors??

TIA!

mommato2boys
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Personally, I find the Dash on the small size, but similar to an Alpha7. I would find it hard to pack for two kids, but I am a heavy packer, maybe a light one could????

knaidel
07-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I just got a Dash about a week ago, and have been using it everyday. I really like it, but I'm definetly a lighter packer.

I usually pack:
1 formula dispenser
1 4. oz Dr. Brown's bottle
1 teething ring or toy
1 burp cloth
hat
sunscreen (small- trial size)
1 diaper (usually a prefold and a cover, sometimes a FuzziBunz)
1 small "cosmetics" case with cloth wipes, diaper rash cream, and a small atomizer filled with solution

1 bottle of water (for me), plus my wallet and keys.

I like that the shape is wider, as opposed to tall, Easier to find stuff in it. The flap doesn't bother me, but others don't like it.

table4three
07-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I LOVE my Dash.

I have a ton of stuff in it:

4 diapers, wipes case, vaseline tube, pack of small trash bags for poopy diapers
2 changes of clothes (my 3 mo old has lots of blow outs)
1 burp pad, 1 receiving blanket
travel sunscreen, hand cream, purell, 1-2 pacifiers and a clip for them, small toy, hat, extra breast pads
wallet, small bag with chapstick/nail clippers/makeup, brush, my inhaler, my keys, cell phone, PDA, camera

LOTS fit inside. I love this bag.
HTH.

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

jenfed1
07-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I fit a ton of stuff in mine too...very similar to the PP. I really like this bag...I have a Duo too, but it's too small for me. I have Sling Tote, which I LOVE the look of, but I can actually fit more stuff in the Dash since it has outside bottle pockets.

suzhatch1
07-08-2005, 03:09 PM
The Dash is one of my favorite suprises!! I have *lots* of diaper bags (I've probably bought about 20 bags & sold/returned about a dozen of them...so I currently have about 8 or 9 in my current stash) and the Dash is one that I reach for all the time! It really suprised me as far as how much it can hold.

I originally bought it as a gender-neutral, kinda on the sporty side bag (thinking it's one that DH can carry too), but I find I use it all the time on the stroller & it holds all my newborn stuff (and I'm a self-proclaimed medium-to-heavy packer). Everything that fits into my T&L Large Bebe also fits into my Dash. Probably a bit more, since the Dash has all the extra pockets on the outside. Plus, I love that it's wider rather than deeper (like the Duo & Expo), so when you open the bag you can see everything right away w/o digging deep for it.

This is what I pack:

4 - size 1 diapers
1 - travel wipes case
1 - small burp cloth
1 - medium blanket
2 - newborn changes of clothes
2 - cosmetic size cases (1 for travel size powder, lotion, sanitizer, etc. & 1 for Mommy cosmetic stuff)
1 - *HUGE* Mommy wallet (big fat checkbook size)
1 - Large size Patemm pad (Yup! This fits in the Dash!)
1 - Adult water bottle in outside pocket
Extras: cell phone, sunglasses & gum in front pockets.

Only complaint is the velcro, it is kinda annoying, but I love the bag none the less (just try to be more careful when I reach into the front pockets) & if S*H is listening - I wish they'd make it in prettier fabric choices too.

Otherwise, I'm a huge fan!!
Suz :)