PDA

View Full Version : PPB Boxy Backpack

KrystalS
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Does anyone have this bag? I'm searching for a new bag. Are the straps uncomfortable? I have a Skip Hop Expo right now and I hate the straps. Anyone have any suggestions for a bag? I don't want a vinyl one, and I really want one with outside cup pockets.

Thanks
Krystal

caridura
07-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I have one that I hardly ever use. I'm just too worried about it getting dirty. The outside pockets are not very roomy and don't have any elasticity to fit bigger bottles/cups in them.

I can't really suggest any other bags since the ones I own and use alot are all vinyl. I'm sure others will have some suggestions for you though.

DAKnits
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I love my PPB Boxy backpack!!!! I can fit everything in there -- and I am a VERY heavy packer. My Avent bottles fit in the outside pockets, so I am not sure which bottles are bigger that don't fit in them??? There is also a bottle pocket on the inside that fits my super large sippy cup with side handles. The straps are very comfy!! The only negative is the lack of pockets for organization, and having to dry clean it.

I also have a Jessica Bumble bag ... more pockets for organization, but less can fit in it. Also a messenger/backpack style. The PPB straps are more comfy, but these straps aren't uncomfortable.

pusakat
07-07-2005, 10:41 PM
hi Krystal,
How about an oi oi messenger? it has outside bottle pockets spacious enough for avent bottle or sippy cups...the strap is pretty wide compare to t&l...I have one and whenever the strap gets uncomfortable I just use strap pad which i use for all my messenger bag(even my PPB)...coz when they get packed/full it gets heavy(no matter how wide the strap is) and its still get uncomfortable on the shoulder.
I hope this helps.

Kat

newmom03
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I have one and I used to love it. It held everything I needed well and the straps were comfortable. Then, after about a year, I tried to have it cleaned. It took forever to find a dry cleaner that was willing to clean it. Once I did, it cost me $30 and really doesn't look all that clean ~ and this cleaner specializes in shoes & handbags! It also lost its' boxy shape which is a complaint I've heard before. I really can't recommend it unless you just want to use it for "special outings". Beware of the fabric too ~ it snags easily and wears out easily on the bottom.

June Mommy
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I had a PPB and the straps were very uncomfortable to me, backpack style. I think it depends on your build. I am petite with narrow shoulders and the metal part of the backpack straps dug right into my shoulders. My more average sized friend has one and she doesn't have any problems with it. Mine was an older style, so that might have something to do with it. Right now I alternante between a Nine West diaper bag and my Fleurville Sling Tote.