PDA

View Full Version : patemm pads

JeannieMN
07-09-2005, 12:20 PM
I have been looking at these to purchase and just wondering what sizes everyone has (I'm thinking the smaller one will be fine for me) And I'm wondering if the one with pockets is necessary? Thoughts? Any pics IRL??

THANKS!

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050813/3/15/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

tmrbwilson1998
07-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi! Sorry that I do not have IRL photos...I got one for a friend for a shower gift, and I have been thinking about that thing ever since! I have to say that if I get one, I will get the large size to maximize time I can use it and, as others have suggested, use it for a playmat when outside, at home, and especially while at others' homes. I got my friend the one with the pockets and really like the idea of keeping everything in there I would need to change a diaper, so that when I am out, all I would have to do is leave the stroller and diaper bag with DH and I could grab the baby and the Patemm and make a quick run!

Have fun shopping!
Tina

michlyn
07-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I have a large Gracie (had previously purchased a large Emma, but it was cracking, so I exchanged it), and it seems to be a more versatile size, even though DH is only 3.5 months and slightly less than 24 inches. As for the pockets, I use them to hold wipes and a diaper. It is nice to be able to pull out the pad and have everything handy all at once. But it will make the pad bulkier to fold. If you do a search on this thread, someone had posted a pic of their gracie pad.

michlyn
I have a large Gracie (had previously purchased a large Emma, but it was cracking, so I exchanged it), and it seems to be a more versatile size, even though DH is only 3.5 months and slightly less than 24 inches. As for the pockets, I use them to hold wipes and a diaper. It is nice to be able to pull out the pad and have everything handy all at once. But it will make the pad bulkier to fold. If you do a search on this thread, someone had posted a pic of their gracie pad.

michlyn
I have a large Gracie (had previously purchased a large Emma, but it was cracking, so I exchanged it), and it seems to be a more versatile size, even though DD is only 3.5 months and slightly less than 24 inches. As for the pockets, I use them to hold wipes and a diaper. It is nice to be able to pull out the pad and have everything handy all at once. But it will make the pad bulkier to fold. If you do a search on this thread, someone had posted a pic of their gracie pad.

writeleigh
07-09-2005, 04:02 PM
I've wanted one of these for a while now. Maybe I'll fit it into next month's budget :)

suzhatch1
07-09-2005, 05:49 PM
I have a large "Lola" (green floral print) and absolutely love it! We use it downstairs all the time (avoids having to go upstairs for every diaper change). I love it so much I find I pack it in my diaper bag to take with us, even though it is big. I have the one with the pockets. I find that if I have it downstairs or carry it in my diaper bag, than I don't use the pockets (since dipes & wipes are handy nearby or in the bag). But if I'm just tossing the Patemm into the stroller for a walk, and I'm not bringing a seperate bag for dipes & wipes, than the pockets are great.

Here's some pics:

suzhatch1
07-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Duplicate post

momtogrant
07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I too have a large lola and am happy it is large since DS likes to scoot around now. Also, I use it as a playmat for him since he seems to always get so.. excited with play he spits up and I can just wipe with a diaper wipe.

JeannieMN
07-13-2005, 04:07 PM
THANKS for your responses. I am still debating if I "need" one. I think it could come in handy and would be a great playmat!! I just wish there were more patterns to choose from.

Thanks again!

jeannie

Judie
07-13-2005, 04:30 PM
does the large easily fit in your diaper bag? what diaper bag do you use? i thought i read somewhere that the small one fits in most diaper bags, but i think a large would "last" longer. i just don't know if i want to lug something else around, in addition to a diaper bag and 2 kids (although if i get the lands end diaper bag, i wouldn't really be carrying a bag ;-)

thanks!

judie

suzhatch1
07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi Judie -

The large does take up quite a bit of space in my diaper bags. I was tempted to keep the large at home & order a small, but like you mentioned, my logic tells me that the small probably won't last that long. (Measures 24" & DD is already 22") Plus the small Patemm pockets do not fit a hard travel size diaper wipes case. (I know I could pack wipes in a plastic bag, but I'm lazy & coupled with the fact that I'm afraid she'll outgrow it, I'm happy sticking with the large). :)

I have several diaper bags, but primarily have been using these 3: Skip Hop Dash, T&L Large Bebe & the JP Lizzy Burberry Tote (I just got this one & love it!).

The large fits into all 3 of these. The T&L is probably the tightest fit, but as long as the Patemm is empty it fits well into the interior back wall pocket. In each of the bags, I still have room left over for 4 newborn diapers, travel wipes case, a bottle, a change of clothes, a travel clutch w/diaper changing stuff, and all my Mommy gear (*big* wallet, cell, makeup, sunglass, etc).

The first time I packed the large Patemm into my T&L it sorta was akward & I thought it was too tight. But it's taken me several times to rearrange the way I pack my bags to figure out what works & what doesn't. I almost gave up packing the Patemm (thinking it was too big to carry around) and I started using some disposible changing pads. But those are so thin & don't protect DD's hands if she touches something on the side. So after some creative packing, I've found the large does fit for me in these 3 bags & lets me carry everything else I need.

Suz :)

Judie
07-13-2005, 04:54 PM
thanks suz!!!! i think i'll order the large. my newborn is 21 inches already.

oh another question- just want to double check- with the large, you are able to fold it and hang it from a stroller right?

thanks again.

judie

suzhatch1
07-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Yup, I can fold the Patemm with 1 hand (while I hold DD - which is fabulous!) and you can use the little loop straps along the edge of the Patemm to hang it on an umbrella style stroller handle. If you have a solid bar-handle stroller, you could just toss the Patemm in the basket, of if you don't have a basket, use a carabiner clip and hook it to the handle & the Patemm loop.

I've carried the Patemm in my diaper bag for almost every outing. We did go for a walk 1x down to Starbucks (yummy!) and I just packed the Patemm with an extra diaper change & tossed it on the handle and we were good to go with no diaper bag or anything! Perfection!! :)

Suz

suzhatch1
07-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Jeannie -

LOL! I debated whether I "needed" one for months while I was pregnant. I kinda couldn't justify the $$ for a changing pad, but now that I have it, I absolutely *love* it. I think it's one of the best things I bought for DD!

Besides..."need" is all relative! LOL!! It's really a "want" issue, isn't it?? Hee, hee, hee!! :)

And yes, I kinda wish there were a few more patterns to pick from. But then again, if she added more, I might be tempted to buy another one...so maybe that would be *bad* for me??

Suz :)

silversun
08-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi-
I know you posted a while ago, but you did say you're still debating and I finally got around to taking a picture of DS with the Patemm Pad, so I thought I'd go ahead and post. Maybe this will be helpful to you or to someone else.

I debated for a long time about this purchase because it seemed like too much for a changing pad (and that was before the price increase!), but then I visited a friend, she had one, and I took it as a sign that I was meant to have one too. :)

I got the small Jack with pockets. I originally bought the large, but it was so cumbersome and I wanted to be able to use it on changing pads and narrower surfaces like that, so I sent it back for the small. I never use the pockets and, actually, if it had been an option in this pattern I would have ordered it without. It's thick as it is, and the pockets add a little to the width. Maybe I'll use them one day for short trips, like others suggest. I also bought the Pitaka, just for the heck of it. I still haven't found a good use for that thing! It's so small, it doesn't really hold much.

Anyway, here's a picture of my 6 month old (27" tall) with the small pad. It's plenty big for changes so far. If he gets too tall, I may have to splurge on a large. I love this pad, partly because it's round and functional, but even more so because it's pretty and fun and for something I use so often, I think that's an important thing. ;)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28760.jpg

Hope that helps!

-Karen

feierabend35
08-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Thank you so much for the picture! I have been wanting to see the "jack" on a completed pad. It IS cute! I am also debating between the small and large. . .
JENN

silversun
08-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm glad it was helpful! I've been very happy with the small, but I could see how the large would be useful too. I'd love to have some extra length when he's lying down, but I don't need all that width. I know, the round shape is the whole point, but it makes for a very wide pad! Especially when you're putting it on top of a changing table or pad and have to get up next to your baby. My DS likes to hold on to/lift up the edges, so he pretty much creates a wall between the two of us. If the wall was higher, it would make the changes even more difficult than they already are (given the fact that he won't stay on his back...). Have fun deciding!