PDA

View Full Version : Kecci bags

lvales
07-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Are the Kecci bags as huge as they seem like they will be? I was looking at one because they are much cheaper than the PPB bags, but they seem like they will be HUGE!!! Anyone with any experience with these that can help me out? Are they too big for a "short trip" kind of bag?

I'm just so bored with my black diaper bags and I'm looking for another. My dh doesn't understand my obsession - I tried to explain that it's like a purse for me now and I was always buying those, and they were sometimes over $50 for a small purse, but he doesn't understand why I can't just keep using the black tote and backpack we already have. UGH.

I am lusting over the PPB and the ST, but I haven't gotten him convinced that I need a new *cheap* one yet!!

Help!
Linda

emmiem
07-13-2005, 03:25 PM
I thought it was too big for an everyday bag. It has great organization and pockets and very pretty fabrics. However, the fabrics snag easy and the bags is kind of floppy. I don't care for that. I used mine for two weeks in China and for one or two weeks more at home.

I prefer the Bumble Bags. It also has great organization and pockets. The fabrics are beautiful and it conforms to your body but is not floppy. It is a little smaller but it is my everyday bag while I have one in diapers. www.bumblebags. com or www.babyoliverboutique.com.
Michele

jamsmu
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Too me, size doesn't matter, but organization does. This was big with very little organization, so I didn't like it.

michlyn
07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
It is a roomy bag. I have a skip hop duo that will hold the same amount as my Kecci, but the Kecci looks bigger (more stuffed) because of the way it's open in the interior (not the same kind of organization as my Skip Hop). The main reason I don't use it as much is because of the zipper/flap. I like easy access. So I mainly use my Skip Hop when I have an outing with the stroller, and a smallish black and white toile tote bag from an ebay seller for shorter trips.

I am lusting after a ST, too, but since I'm now back to working full time, I find that my diaper bag needs are fewer. :-(

JeannieMN
07-14-2005, 06:03 AM
I found that the Kecci is a big bag but I tend to overpack so it worked good for me. I didn't care for the organization inside and like the PP said, it snags easily. I was using it exclusively from December to June and it's in rough shape (I'm a SAHM so it's not like I go to a lot of places...) I just got a Bumble Bag (from waddletotoddle.com--they have free shipping!) and so far, I really like it.

I, too, am lusting over a ST but can only get one diaper bag at a time...DH would freak out! :)

Good luck with your decision!

jeannie

lvales
07-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!

I think I'm giving up on the Kecci, even though I like the price. There's a place in town that carries OiOi and Fleurville, and I've managed to come up with most of the cost of either bag, so I think I'm going to splurge and get one next month. Any recent negative experience with either of those?

Ohhhh - just saw that another place in town carries the bumble bags - those look really cool too!

I think my wallet (and my dh) are going to be in trouble. . .

Thanks again everyone!
Linda