PDA

View Full Version : Need a Bag Bigger than LLBean Bag for Twins and Preschooler

ColorBlue
07-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I thought the LLbean bag would be perfect it has lots of organization which I like, the interior isn't black also good, but its just too small. When all the pockets are packed there is barely any room in the main compartment. So I need to find something bigger. It doesn't need to fit in a stroller because there isn't a diaper bag out there that would fit in my Combi twin savvy, I have a hook to hang it off the back. I prefer messenger style but definitly not backpacks. Any ideas..is the mothership an option or the timbuk2? ANy other ones?

So here is what I pack:

four diapers
wipe case
two bottles
formula container
two bibs
hand sanitizer
sm. container of bags to dispose of diapers
small wallet
one or two snacktraps
bottle of water
glasses case
cell phone
two backup outfits
several small toys
occasionally 2 jars of food and spoons
sippy cup
sunscreen

Tracy

Grace...my big three and a half year old girl.
Ellie and Maddie...my little eight month old girls.

ckleist
07-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Which LL Bean Bag do you have, the diaperbag or the microfiber shoulder bag (can be worn messenger style or backpack style)?

I've got the timbuk2 large cargo tote, and it is good for an all day bag. I think you would find the medium tote not big enough. The dimensions on timbuk2's site make the cargo totes sound bigger than what they really are IMO because of their tapered shape and I think the dimensions are taken from the largest areas of the bag. The messenger style bag might be a better fit, but the velcro is really noisy.

I'm considering getting the LL Bean microfiber tote, you might want to take a look at that if you don't mind tote styles.

writeleigh
07-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I've also heard the One Step Ahead overnighter bag is great in terms of space and organization.

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27211/354767/117.html

Twin Mom
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I just posted this in the thread about a big organized backpack. I haven't tried one, but check out www.babybaks.com. The bags are targeted at parents of multiples and have either 2 or 3 interior compartments (twin or triplet bag).

sarahs
07-13-2005, 09:30 PM
I have twins (14mos) + preschoooler, too! I have used the Mothership for the past year and have been happy with it. With what you pack, the MS will be pretty full, but it should all fit.

I have the Combi too and my only complaint is that the bag slides around on the handle when hooked onto my Stroller Swivler hooks. I thought the Skip Hop Duo would solve that problem, but it is too small for our needs.

sarahs
07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
I have twins (14mos) + preschoooler, too! I have used the Mothership for the past year and have been happy with it. With what you pack, the MS will be pretty full, but it should all fit.

I have the Combi too and my only complaint is that the bag slides around on the handle when hooked onto my Stroller Swivler hooks. I thought the Skip Hop Duo would solve that problem, but it is too small for our needs.