PDA

View Full Version : Duo vs. Dash....and can you tell me about the Loom Marsupial?

golfgirl12_27
07-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Okay. First of all in the Duo v. Dash debate..... mainly for the stroller- does the flap on the dash annoy you? Will the Duo be fine? How much can you pack- is it good for an all day trip- like the zoo or something like that (I would need diapers, wipes, change of clothes, a few bottles...)

Second of all.... the Loom Marsupial. Do you love it? Is it great for organization? I need all the help I can get in that department. The description says that it's 18" across. Is that overwhelming? I know how big 18" is, but I'm having problems visualizing it. Any pics of the inside would be super. Love to see the inside, unfortunately not many websites show that.

TIA,
Suz

momtojoshua2002
07-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I've never had a Duo but have a Dash and it's a wonderful bag minus the velcro (see my reply to the post about the re-designed velco).

The Dash can hold a lot and I love how you can hang it off the stroller. For one kid, the bag is great!! You can fit a lot and the organization is wonderful. I prefer it because it's wider than tall, and I don't have to dig for things in the bag. I think that now when it's summer you could probably use it as an all-day bag, depending on how much you normally pack and how many bottles, etc. But it may be tougher in the winter when the changes of clothes are bulkier. Again, depends on how much you pack and HOW you pack. But it's definitely roomy! The flat doesn't bother me at all, although it can be loud and wake a sleeping baby. I do like that the flap only comes down halfway (barely) on the bag.

The Marsupial is my other favorite bag! I LOOOVE the Marsupial!! The 18 inches across isn't that noticable, because it's only 13 at the top (so like the Dash). There are fewer pockets than in the Dash but the magnetic closures make this bag so great that I don't even notice the fewer pockets..........lol! The flap on this bag is also magnetic and it's so easy to open and close. Very quiet.

The Marsupial will hang fine off a stroller (I have a Zippy 2005 1/2) on the shortest setting of the strap. I use the Marsupial as a work bag and as a larger diaper bag (I have 3 Marsupials........2 black and one egg blue. Thinking about giving the other black Marsupial away as a gift but unsure....). The padded messenger strap is SOO comfortable!

I'll be attaching some pictures of my Egg Blue Marsupial. The pictures are of the Experior, interior (one with stuff and one without), the padded strap, the magnetic closure on the back pocket, and the Marsupial next to the Dash (scratchy velcro removed on two front pockets). In addition, there is one picture of the Dash only.

Hope this helps some!
~Ida

Oh no!! For whatever reason it won't let me attach pictures so please email me and I'll send them over to you.