PDA

View Full Version : Patemm Pads - BIG price increase!

jray
07-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Has anyone noticed that the price of Patemm Pads has drastically gone up? Does anyone know why?

JTsMom
07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Yikes! Glad I got mine when I did. I thought they were over-priced before. I like mine, but I wouldn't order it again at those prices.

I'm guessing she upped the prices b/c she had a huge increase in business and figures she can get away with it. Right when I ordered mine, she told me she had just been featured in some major magazine- can't remember which- and had gotten over 1,000 emails.

Judie
07-19-2005, 01:13 PM
what were the prices before?

judie

callalillyanne
07-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I wonder how long ago she upped the price. That is the price I have always seen on the site....but I guess I learned about them late ;)

Now I'm curious to know how much they used to cost! $50 does seem like a lot for a changing pad....that is the only thing that has deterred me from getting one!

meshell
07-19-2005, 04:50 PM
I think the large with pockets used to cost $38. Now they're $48. That is a pretty steep increase!

jray
07-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I emailed Grace (the owner) and she said she gave plenty of notice on the price increase before it actually occured (in June), and that she raised prices because Patemm Pads are hand-made (not mass produced) in San Fran, which is costly.

Personally, I think she may lose a lot of potential buyers. That's a HUGE price increase!

michlyn
07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
I exchanged a pad a month ago, and I noticed the huge increase. I agree it's probably due to the big publicity now. They're so spendy now, so I'm glad I got mine when I did.

I also noticed the pitaka pouches went from $7 to $10

calv
07-20-2005, 07:28 PM
anyone think we could get a co-op going w/her for some discounts? I'd love to get one. do you guys like your pads?

jray
07-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I'd be interested in co-op. I had one awhile back, but DS was still so little so I hardly ever used it...now that he's almost 1, I could really use one...but I can't afford one for $50!!

michlyn
07-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I love mine. I know awhile ago someone on this thread looked into the possibility, but Grace declined. Bummer.

calv
07-21-2005, 01:13 PM
her response:

Thanks for your message. I received this request alot and at this time we are not offering this type of service.

Please check with us again at a much later date...

I appreciate you taking the time to contact me.

My best,

grace

obviously she has no intentions of loosing any money. I hope she looses customers because that high price jump is ridiculous!!!!