PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find this bag!

mamicka
07-19-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm looking for a messenger or tote bag that has the following:

- 1 or 2 external bottle pockets for sippy cup
- large capacity
- divided main compartment (not pockets)
- sporty look
- under $50

I *think* that's all I really want in a great diaper bag. Does anyone know if it exists?

Thanks!
Allison

mamicka
07-20-2005, 01:25 PM
bump.

Anyone know of a sporty messenger bag (Timbuk2-ish) that has an external bottle holder?

Anyone? Please?

mommato2boys
07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Under $50 is hard, I would say a timbuk2 would work but doesn't have bottle pockets and not under $50. How about the landsend DIA bag, I am not sure if it can be worn messenger style but it is divided and has external bottle holders and under $50 and is sporty!!!!! Almost everything!!!!

alaible
07-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I got a nike messenger bag at Kohl's. I believe it was $40 original price but it was on sale.

It has 2 external bottle pockets, one on each side. It looks sporty they had a few different colors. It is pretty large. The main compartment isn't exactly divided. There is a large slip pocket on the inside back wall (not sure maybe intended for a laptop), that I keep the diapers in. And there is another smaller slip pocket on the inside front wall that also has a key clip and credit card holders - I slip some bandaids, shout wipes, and bactine into that pocket. And it has a large slip pocket on the outside back where I keep the changing pad.

I'll look online and see if I can find a link to the bag.

Holly

ckleist
07-21-2005, 08:13 PM
I saw this bag at Kohls too, but they only had 1 color, and it was a navy/gold combo. I tried looking online to see if it came in other colors, and I couldn't find it. It did look like a neat bag for diaper use and I don't think it had any velcro either. It was good size, but not overly big like some messengers.

suzhatch1
07-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Allison -

Check out this link to another BBB thread going on right now:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=24859&mode=full&page=

There are 2 Jansport sporty messenger bags that are mentioned, the Sonic Street & the Elefunk (there are links to pics of both bags within the thread itself). Both look like they have an outside mesh bottle holder (that could likely hold a sippy cup), a divided main compartment (it mentions a divider sleeve), they look sporty & they are in the right price range.

HTH!
Suz :)

Twin Mom
07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Just saw the Jansport messenger in the link above (the Elefunk) and it was on sale for $39.99 at Kohl's so ebags would be a better deal but you could go to Kohl's to see it IRL and then order it from ebags.