PDA

View Full Version : Is the Skip Hop High Quality?

milesmom
07-20-2005, 11:02 AM
I have a Kate Spade messenger diaper bag (the big one) from my DS, but am very tempted to buy a Skip Hop for use on the back of my E3... I hate the way the messenger bag slips down the handles of most strollers.

Anyway, I can't get a look at one IRL so can anyone help? I am considering the denim version. Can anyone compare the quality of the Skip Hop to the Kate Spade??? I don't expect it to be the same given the price difference but will I be disappointed with the Skip Hop.

TIA.
Michelle

Mom to Miles 6.2.02
#2 Due 7.28.05 (almost there!!!)

mommato2boys
07-20-2005, 01:25 PM
I haven't seen the Kate Spade IRL, but the skip hop quality is nice for a diaper bag. I have the expo in camo and the material is very durable, I have yet to find a weak spot on it! I am in the construction business and tend to really "use" a diaper bag, and this one holds up nicely!!!! And I don't freak out about getting a little dirt on it- it washes easily!

knaidel
07-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I also agree. I have a canvas dash and had a cord duo and the quality is high-very durable.

my3fallkiddos
07-20-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm in the same boat...I used the Kate Spade Medium diaper bag with DS (and loved it!) but with baby #3 on the way I need a bag that will hold up just as well but is more organized.

I'm not selling my KS bag just yet...I want to see how the SH Dash I just ordered does!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

jamsmu
07-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Do you live near a Nordstrom? They carry them there. And Bloomingdale's.

I have 3 SH's and love them! VERY durable--I don't own a KS, but my friend does and I think my bag looks to be in better shape than her's.