PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Oi Oi Messenger bag?

wildcat
07-24-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm really in love with the Oi Oi messenger bag in charcoal dot with the lime green interior.

http://bellablumaternity.com/images/bellablu/BAG1012_tn.jpg

Does anyone have this bag? I'm concerned that the strap isn't adjustable and want to make sure both my DH and I can carry it comfortably (I'm 5'2" and he's 6') and also fit over the handle of the stroller (Zooper Waltz). I read somewhere that they had the new ones coming out this month (July 05), but not sure which online places have the new vs. the old. Also, does this bag have enough organization? Any advice is appreciated!! TIA!!

my3fallkiddos
07-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't help you but I'm also wondering how others like their Oi Oi Messenger bag. I bought a Skip Hop Dash and it wasn't quite large enough for what I need and I'd like something a bit more stylish. I currently have a Kate Spade Medium diaper bag that I've used for the last year and a half and LOVE it but want something with longer straps and it must be as large as my KS.

I really like the Oi Oi black with pink trim messenger bag!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

kellij
07-25-2005, 06:01 PM
I have that exact bag. I really like it. The strap doesn't adjust, but I've never thought about it. My DH is 6'2", he puts it over his shoulder just fine, but I'm not sure how often he's really carried it, so I didn't think about that too much. My baby was born 12/22, it's all I've carried and I still like it. I have a Zooper Swing and I put it on the back. The only thing is that it makes the Zooper back heavy, so if you're baby is tiny you'd have to be careful, and also be sure to take it off the back before taking out the baby (I found out the hard way when it tipped over in the parking lot.) However, I think that would happen with any diaper bag.

I just re-read your post and saw that you asked about organization. It has enough for me. It has the 2 outside pockets that you can see. Then on the inside it has a pocket against the back that has a clear zipper pouch that comes out (I put coupons in it). Then it has 2 pouches on the other side, one is for the diaper changer and the other is for bottles.

By the way, I've also gotten compliments on it when I've been out. I like it because I think it's cute, but also simple enough so that it goes with everything, every season, and I'm not sick of it. I liked some of their other patterns, but I was afraid I'd get really tired of them.

oviedomomjan05
07-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I also have this exact bag and use it as my "nice" bag for going out and church. I have a Kecci Shanghai as well that I use and switch them out all of the time. I used them equally I would say. I fell in love with this bag over the internet but had read mixed reviews on this site. I am glad I went ahead and bought it.

Organization-There are two outside pockets that I use for my cell and keys and medicines for my son.

Very nice changing pad as well with a water-proof holder for wipes. good pockets on the inside with a clip for you to clip your keys or something else to. It has a bottle holder too for keeping a bottle warm and/or cold for a short trip. I actually use that for all of my diaper bags! It is nice because it is drawstring so it pretty much keeps the liquids inside.

The outside, back pocket is nice as well since you can throw your planner or checkbook out there.

I am over 5'8" and my husband is 6 ft. tall. He hasn't ever carried it because I got him the camo diaper dude bag and he looks for reasons to go out just to carry it! I cannot use the bag messenger style although they advertise it as one. You have to be on the smaller side for that.

Overall, I love this bag. It is good quality and very cute and fun. I do agree with the previous poster that it can get heavy if you go crazy filling it up and putting it on your stroller. I have a PP P3 and did the same thing...I tipped over my stroller!

Enjoy! You will love it!

oviedomomjan05