PDA

View Full Version : Babywearing mamas, what diaper bags do you like?

CharmedOne
07-26-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm looking for a diaper bag that's light yet roomy and easy to carry while slinging DS. I use mostly ring slings and pouches. DH usually carries the bag when we're out together, but lately I've been running a lot of errands solo. I currently use a Fleurville Sling Tote (heavy) and a Kecci (catches on everything and is too girly for DH :)). I love them both, but I need something lighter and more durable since the bag will double as my purse. I tend to be an overpacker too! I may be dreaming, but is there anything that fits the bill?

Caroline

Precious Little Nathan
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060601/2/12/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

newmama4
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM
I have the same issues. I use my Kecci as a backpack with my sling and mei tai. I also like the chester backpakc which I gave to my sister and am waiting for the last of the stripe ones to come in to get another. It's really light and less girly - but probably not so good if you overpack - its smaller then the Kecci.

What about an LL Bean one?

Good luck!

Elise
Hannah Meira's Eema (11/16/04)

Niki_n_Abby
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I like anything that I can wear messenger style. I can't do a back pack with my pouch. Currently my fave is my LL Bean Large Travel Touring bag. It has a place for EVERYTHING(huge over packer here too) but is really light weight. All colors are back ordered until late August except for navy, but my DH liked the navy so we went with that. When I wear it messenger style with my pouch I can just slide it around when I need something and easily access it unlike a back pack. It also holds all my stuff easily so it doubles as my purse. And at $29 the price is right;)

HTH!
Niki

CharmedOne
07-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks! I'll check out LL Bean. What do you use for a changing pad? I have a generic one from my baby shower, but it's rather bulky.

Also, I've been eyeing the Haiku bags for a while. Do you think they are too heavy for everyday use?

Caroline

Precious Little Nathan
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060601/2/12/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Judie
07-26-2005, 07:18 PM
niki, do you think this bag can hold enough stuff for 2 kids? i have a 2 year old & newborn (am nursing).

thanks!

judie

Niki_n_Abby
07-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Well, I just played the "what if I had 2" game and I could fit everything I felt I would need in the LLBean bag. I had 8 Pull-ups(pretended they were 3 Pull-ups and 5 small diapers) and a wipes case, rash cream, bandaids/ointment, my nursing cover up, a change of clothes for dd and a 3-6 month sleeper, burp cloth, small thin blanket(use this as changing pad), snack trap, sippy cup small teething type toy, small board book, small cosmetic bag with crayons and note pad, my wallet/compact/chapstick.

So it worked for me(which I'm really glad about since we are ttc#2:))

Niki

Niki_n_Abby
07-27-2005, 08:18 AM
I use a very thin receiving blanket(actually the ones we got from the hospital) as a changing pad. I like that they fit in my bag easily, cover everything, and I can just toss it in the wash when I get home.

I don't have a Haiku bag so I don't know about the weight, but the LLBean is very light and has a padded shoulder strap which makes it very comfortable.

Niki

Judie
07-27-2005, 01:15 PM
thanks so much niki. this is good to know. my only concern is if the bag can fit a regular changing pad. i was considering the patemm one or maybe just the typical changing pad.....

judie