PDA

View Full Version : baby sherpa backpack v. lands end backpack

vicster
07-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Which holds more? Which is more user friendly? The Lands End Bag is so much cheaper and the dimensions are larger than the Baby Sherpa but just not sure if the slightly bigger size means it actually holds more in an organized manner. Thanks in advance.

dietre_g
07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I am THRILLED with my Baby Sherpa (short haul). From what I understand the Short Haul is only 2" shorter than the reg. sherpa.

I recently took a trip and was easily able to carry everything needed for a full day with a 3 month old and snacks for my DH and myself. Everything was easily accessible and the backpack is amazingly comfy! I cannot say enough good things about this bag...

I think on average I packed the following with no problem...
Changing pad (comes with bag)
1 pack wipes
6 diapers
2 changes of clothes with bibs and socks
1 Playtex bottle
1 bottled water
Small baby powder, lotion, hand sanitizer, sunscreen and adult sunscreen (large spray)
washcloth for DS
pacifier (clipped to a caribeaner ring in a case)
1 blanket (rolled up and in the front snap closure)
2 cassettes for a video camera
sunglasses and sun visor
2 baby toys (clipped to the bag)
Digital camera in case (clipped to the front of bag)
Granola bars and 3 pieces fruit for DH and myself (in the cooler)

As you can see, you really can pack everything in this bag and it was not too bulky and I could always put my hands on what I needed in an instant. It was comfy for DH or me to carry for extended periods of time (6+ hours). I cannot compare to the LE bag, but I can hardly imagine that I would love another backpack like my sherpa. My DH is VERY frugal, and after our trip, he commended my choice of bag and agreed that it is well worth the money. You can find them new and used on Ebay for less if you have a little time to play with... Hope this helps.

Dietre F.
Mom to Evan Gregory
Born 3.15.05
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060315/1/6/1/-5/.png

anamika
07-28-2005, 03:08 PM
pak...
maybe it's just me but i *hate* my le backpack. it has compartments to organize things but nothing useful fits in them. the inner body has small divided spaces which will not hold diapers or wipes. everything is just in a tangle in the main compartment. we have tried many times to organize it but give up in frustration.
but like i said, maybe we're just more clueless (with two ph.d's between us) than average parents.
sorry that just turned into a rant, didn't it?
gl deciding and tell me if you like whatever bag you get.