PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use their diaper bags for work?? Which ones?

MommytoLayla
07-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I have been eyeing my skip hops and my LL Bean bag and thinking I could probably
get away with using these for going to work, I'm a teacher so I need to carry a few
papers, my grade book and my small laptop back and forth from work to home. Do
you think there are some diaper bags that work better for this than others. I'm
already planning on using my ellington vertical pack but thats not originally a diaper
bag??
Any thoughts?

Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

smbirth
07-28-2005, 09:09 AM
I bet a Skip Hop Dash could do the job. I think there is a post somewhere about someone using it as a travel bag, with laptop, etc.

My sister uses a Little Tripper for a work bag. It holds her bottled water, snacks, wallet, phone, makeup bag, paperback book, etc. She doesnt even have kids!! I am sure it is not big enough for what you need, however---

Twin Mom
07-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I use a Chelsey Henry Work to Play or a Timbuk2 small messenger to carry my stuff to and from work. I don't use a laptop though and I believe one won't fit in a small T2 bag. I understand they do fit in the CH WTP.

sashaa
07-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I just recently bought a red Un Apres Midi De Chien Fourmi and used it for work!! I love it!

daniele_ut
07-28-2005, 07:20 PM
I usually carry my Lands End LT to work. I've been carrying my laptop back and forth all summer, though, so I've just been stuffing my wallet and keys in the laptop bag lately. Once we get back into the office, I'll be using the LT again, though.

MommytoLayla
07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Well thanks for all the advice. I loved the look of the Chelsey Henry WTP bag so I had to buy one. Luckily someone on the yahoo boards had one to sell :) I think it will hold all i need.

Shannon

supercalifragilous
07-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I mainly use the Kecci for work. It's big enough where I can stuff folders & papers in the back compartment and still be hands free since I wear it as a backpack.

I've also taken my One Cool Chick large messenger to work, and my Petunia Pickle Bottom but by far I think the Kecci is the easiest to use and most friendly backpack option. The Petunia Pickle Bottom keeps snagging my hair in the top backpack straps but luckily the Kecci ones are already attached.

I love my OCC messenger but I prefer backpack to messenger style so that one doesn't get used as much but it is HUGE and fits a ton so I take it when I know I have lots of papers to take back & forth or I'm taking a stack magazines to donate.

michlyn
07-28-2005, 10:59 PM
I use my ellington large in-flight tote (originally purchased to be my travel diaper bag).

MommytoLayla
07-29-2005, 07:12 AM
I have one of these too and I used it for a few weeks at the end of the school year but it was a tad on the, hmm how do you explain this, rounder size. I felt like it was to bulky, which I think is what attracted me to the CH WTP because it looks like it will be so streamline, even when I have my stuff in it.

Shannon

momtojoshua2002
07-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi Shannon

I use my Marsupial for work and it works great for me. I haven't tried to put a laptop in it, but I think it was Lynn that mentioned that she had done so (but it must have been a small one). In fact, my Marsupial is really only my work bag at the moment, and not diaper bag. It stands up great on its own and that's what I like about it, plus it's sleek and you can't tell it's a diaper bag!

While I had it, I also tried using the large T&L and it did work fine, but since it was just as tall as it is wide, it would fall over depending on how much stuff I put in there.