PDA

View Full Version : Baby Sherpa Questions....

newmomto1
07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi all,
I am needing a backpack for zoo trips & other outings.
I have an Eddie Bauer one (from the actual EB website)...but I am
wondering if I might be better off with a Baby Sherpa?
I want something that is light & easy to carry.
Maybe I am a wimp...but carrying a heavy bag wears me out :P!
I know I have seen a lot of positive reviews on the Baby
Sherpas...are there any negatives??
I think I would prefer the Short Haul just b/c I don't want to be
lugging a huge bag.
Does the Short Haul hold a lot??
I'd probably be carrying:
2-3 dipes
wipes
Loom Watermelon w/ my stuff
my wallet & phone
1-2 water bottles (for me & DH)
Sippy cup
Snacks
Maybe a change of clothes for DS
Ziploc baggy w/ misc items like bibsters, sunblock, wet ones, etc...)
Camera
Hmmm...I *think* that's it.

It there any advantage to this over the EB Backpack (I just rec'd
it...it cost me less than $40 w/ a discount...so it the Baby Sherpa
worth the extra $$ ????
Thanks!!

momtojoshua2002
07-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi!

I can't speak for the Short Haul Sherpa but I did have a Baby Sherpa that didn't make much sense to me. It's all how you pack, I'd say.

The cooler in the bottom half of the bag is a nice concept, but didn't work for me. Unless it's stuffed with things, I found that the bag would "fall over" and just be top heavy (of course, depending on what you have in the top compartments). And I figured that if you bring food with you when you leave the house, then you will most likely eat most of it, if not all, while you're out, so when you get home, the cooler area will be close to empty. If you still have a bunch of stuff in the top compartments, then the bag will definitely "fall over" when sat on the ground, and that's just something that annoys me.

I also tried to switch and put the clothes and stuff in the cooler area, and put the food items (in a separate cooler) in the top compartments, but ran out of room, and then the top would be more heavy than the bottom.

Plus, the lining between the cooler section and the bottom of the top compartments is just as soft as the rest of hte backpack, so if you brought sandwiches and sodas, having the sandwiches in just ziplocks may not be enough; may required tupperware type storage containers!

I was going to use the bag for daycare, so for me it didn't work, but it may work fine if you're carrying it on your back all day. And it IS VERY comfortable!!! That I have to say. But I didn't find the organization to be at all useful for me.

In my opinion, the Urban backpack from One Step Ahead would be better, but that's just my preference (I don't have it, but have the High Performance backpack that they have discontinued. They are about the same when it comes to organization).

newmomto1
07-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks for your reply :-)
Any other opinions out there??
Any opinions on the Short Haul??
Thanks!