PDA

View Full Version : Kecci bags: what do they look like inside & other questions?

ask_dec2005
07-31-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi,
Sorry if you've covered this before, but
I just got turned on these bags. I love the way the Shanghai style looks but can't find a picture that shown the inside. Specifically, I want to know if the fabric inside is contrasting/light. I hate the idea of a dark fabric since I have enough trouble finding things in my bags. How many pockets etc do they have? Do people use them as everyday ones? I'd like to use it from day 1... Also, do these stand up on their own?

Thanks!
ASK.

pritchettzoo
07-31-2005, 01:24 PM
My bag inside is the same as the trim. It's chartreuse with pink trim, so the inside is a pink vinyl-like(?) fabric. Inside the bag there are 2 pockets on the back, 1 on each end, and 1 on the front that are all about 4x4" I guess. There are two elasticized bottle pockets on each end outside (but I use the for cell phone and keys), and a large zippered pocket on the back that holds the backpack straps--it can be used as a regular pocket too.

I use it as my everyday bag, but I'm looking for something a little larger/better organized now that I have two in cloth dipes.

They do not stand up on their own.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

tina-t
07-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Love these bags and have used it exclusively everyday, till ds turned 2. Then I needed a smaller backpack. I really liked the bag as it was so pretty. I had a blue with a light blue interior. I don't think that they have a bag with a black interior though, so you don't have to worry about that. Just wished that there were more interior pockets.

It is a great bag for the price.

ask_dec2005
07-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks alot for your input! Exactly what I wanted to know... They are so pretty...Now, I'll just look out for a sale ;)
Thanks,
ASK.

pritchettzoo
07-31-2005, 07:10 PM
If you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check there. I got mine for $30ish.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

shoppinggal
08-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I like mine but I hate that the backpack straps are not detachable - you totally loose the back pocket if youre wearing it in that mode. Also, my zippers kept breaking - I had to send it back for a replacement. I will say that their customer service is amazing!

You might want to look at the BRU knock-off. The brown is really beautiful and less than $25.

supercalifragilous
08-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I also have a PPB and I hated that those straps were detachable - since the top clasp would slide around on the D-ring when I moved, it would constantly snag my hair and tear at it so it might be something to think about if you have longer hair.

Also, the PPB was missing that pocket in the back (where the Kecci backpack straps store). If you wear it as a backpack, you still have that pocket but it just won't zip closed. I store my wallet there for quick access - when I'm wearing the backpack (which is all the time) my wallet is good and secure since it's right up against my back. I've never had anything fall out since the pocket is good and deep (runs the whole back of the bag).

I also love that the side pockets are elasticized - my PPB is not and my keys would fall out of there all the time and in fact the pockets got stretched out because of that. With the Kecci I have no worries and I haven't had anything fall out yet.

My zipper broke on the first one but they replaced it and I haven't had a problem since - in fact the guy explained that there were some defective zippers with the very first batch and it's been fixed since. This new zipper does look a lot more sturdy, as does the zipper pull. All the newer bags I've seen have the new, more substantial zipper, but if you have any problems, the customer service is excellent, like the PP said. Can't beat that for the price - I got really BAD c/s from PPB (they do NOT stand behind their products) and I paid 3x the price of a Kecci for that!! Just something to think about.