PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag for Cloth Diapering

kristinag
07-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Those of you who use cloth, any suggestions for a good diaper bag? My Graco is coming apart after 8 months. I purchased the small Catini but it just isn't good for cloth diapering - no place to put the dirty diapers. I've gotten very good advice from moms that cloth diaper so I hope they have some more great suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
Kristina

knaidel
07-31-2005, 09:48 PM
There have been a few threads on this- did you search the archives in this folder and also in the Baby Butts folder?

Well, anyway, currently I have a Skip Hop dash and a Bumble Bag Jessica style. They both work well for me. I usually use a hemparoo prefold with a bumkins cover, so I put one of those, plus a fuzzi bunz in the bag, and there's enough room (Obviously, I put other things in the diaper bag as well, I'm just telling you which diaper I carry, for reference). Also, I am not such a heavy packer. I usually have in my bag:
1 PF plus a cover
1 Dr. Brown's bottle
formula dispenser
toy/teether
1 fuzzi bunz, already stuffed
a small cosmetic pouch with cloth wipes and a small atomizer filled with solution
wallet and keys
plastic bags for dirty dipes

So I'm not such a heavy packer.
Neither of these bags has a separate dirty duds bag. I just use a plastic grocery bag or a happy tushies wet bag.
I am not so familiar with many of the more "fashionable" bags out there, but as for plain bags, also the LL Bean travel touring bag and Lands End do-it-all bag seem like they would work well for cds.
Oh, now that I think of it, I was at Target today and I saw some diaper bags there that I really liked, and that looked big enough for cloth diapers, both by Mandlay- they aren't on the Target website, though.
HTH!

essnce629
08-01-2005, 05:37 AM
The Land's End Large Tote is great for cloth diapering moms and is a great "all day at the zoo, etc" bag too. It's made up of 3 completely separate zippered compartments and has a total of 9 pockets! Actually, today we actually did go to the zoo (for about 5 hours) and in the middle compartment (where I keep my diapering supplies) I had 3 petite toddler fuzzibunz (one in each pocket), a Huggies wipes case and disposable changing pad in the 4th pocket, and the LE changing pad, dirty duds bag, gallon ziploc bag (my wet bag :)), a pair of pants, and a sweatshirt in the center. There's also a snap-in center zipper pocket that I had 2 containers of sunscreen in. All this is in the middle compartment!!! On one outside compartment I keep all my mommy stuff-- my large wristlet w/ checkbook sized wallet, sunglass case, sling (Kozy carrier is what I took today), and my hand lotion, antibacterial hand gel, etc. In the third compartment is where I keep all of the food items (we take our own lunches). In one pocket in here I had all of the dry snacks and in the 2nd pocket I had a package of wet wipes and a ziploc with disposable bib and spoon/fork. I also had a straw cup in there, a snack trap, and a tupperware sandwich container! Did I mention this bag holds a lot!!!!!!!!!

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif 23 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif