PDA

View Full Version : Should the diaper bag match the stroller?

my3fallkiddos
08-03-2005, 12:51 PM
I ask because I'm almost positive I am buying a Skip Hop Duo as my lightweight diaper bag. I think it would be perfect for attaching to the stroller and going to the park, around the neighborhood or quick errands. I love my OiOi bag but that's definitely my "out atleast half a day" bag.

I bought (but haven't received- should be here tomorrow!) a Inglesina Twin Swift double stroller in gray/red. I like the Duo in navy blue but wonder if I should get it in red (which I also like, just not as much as the navy blue) to match the stroller?

What's everyone elses preference? Did you buy your diaper bag color to match the stroller?

Thanks!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

Smiles81
08-03-2005, 01:06 PM
This probably won't be helpful, but I'll tell you my skip hop story. I have a p3 in hip hop (organge/tan) and wanted to get a skip hop to match but didn't want the orange, b/c if I'm w/o the stroller, or if I'm with my valco, (red, black) it would look ridiculous. So I was thinking red, b/c I like that (but was afraid it wouldn't look good with the p3. In the end I got the denim, b/c I love denim,(this was my dream color, and finally rationalized spending the extra money) and it matches all my strollers. So while the organe would look better with the p3 then the denim, I'm happy with my choice. So I guess, if you like the navy, and since I'm sure it will look fine with the stroller, then get that one.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

ellies mom
08-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I did buy my SkipHop (Red) to match my Stroller (Cookie Zippy) but mostly because I liked the red bag. I wouldn't have bought a color I didn't like just to match. That said, I sort of just got my pink SC Micro and the ideas of using the red bag with that is just wrong. So, now I'm trying to find a new diaper bag (maybe the pink Dash?).

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, you should get a color you really like and matching the stroller is a good tie-breaker. I must say the red is so cheerful and would go so well with your stroller, so I'd probably go red.

tinainsala
08-03-2005, 02:54 PM
When I bought my Skip Hop, I chose the color based on 2 main things:
1. generally matched both my strollers - not necessary the exact match for one over the other
2. whether the color would be wearable for both dh and I for those times we take it off the stroller
In your case, it depends on how much you'll be wearing it vs. keeping it on the stroller.
Hope that helps!
Tina

R2sweetboys
08-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Obviously I'm in the minority here, but I couldn't care less if my DB matches my stroller. I do like/have nice strollers and DBs too, but I just go for what I like. I honestly don't think the general public cares one bit or would notice at all if my bag doesn't match my stroller. :)
~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

bubbaray
08-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Based on the online photos of the Twin Swift and having a red Duo myself, I'm not sure the reds would match. Personally, if the reds don't match pretty closely, I would go with a bag in a different color.

With diaper bags like the SH that go on the stroller, I do like them to not clash with the stroller. I too wouldn't use my red SH with my pink Micro (plus it is tippy, but it really is more about the color for me).

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

JTsMom
08-06-2005, 04:21 PM
I have the red SH and a Cherry Cola P3 (red and khaki). I agonized over the color of the bag, b/c I was afraid the reds wouldn't match. They aren't a perfect match, but they are really close. 90% of the time it's on the stroller, so I wanted it to AT LEAST coordinate well, but the red was my favorite anyway, so I went with that. I'm really happy with the way it worked out.

I think in your case, either will work well. I like the matchy look, but that's just me.